Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerard 5-3/4x Post-WW1 Sniper Scope w/ Semi-Turret Mounts

Hi,

My friend has got Gerard Model "K" sniper scope, and he would like to know how much he can take for this. From the Internet we know that this scope is not so popular, quote:
    " Gerard 5-3/4x Post-WW1 Sniper Scope w/ Semi-Turret Mounts
    This is an extremely rare Gerard Model "K" sniper scope made by the firm of Dr. Walter Gerard of Charlottenburg (Berlin) between 1920 to 1924. These were fitted to Mauser Gew98 and Kar98 sniper rifles by the Reichswehr during the post-WW1 Weimar era. This scope is a 5-3/4x magnification with a 27mm steel tube. It is marked with serial number 46232 on the side of the adjustment turret, and "Gerard" and "K" on top of the objective (eyepiece) bell. Overall length is 316mm with a 37mm front bell and 36mm rear bell. Excellent optics and mechanism, with a German #1 reticle (heavy tapered vertical post with side bars). This example is fitted with original military issue "Semi-Turret" mounts and is stamped with rifle number 6213. Original blue finish on the tube is excellent (about 95%). The retaining screw on top of the focus ring is a modern replacement, otherwise the scope and mounts are completely original and unmodified. Very rare and authentic German sniper scope from the inter-war period. "

I would like to know Your opinion about it shape, and possible price.
    Like always thank You for all replies and help,
    Best regards,
    Buzzz

PS. First time I made this topic in wrong place, so sorry for the second one, but now I think it's good place

Hello,

condition looks to be good+, price would be the 200-250 range as it is just a commercial scope.

later
    vaughn

Comment

Thank You for your reply Vaughn99,

Regards,
      Buzzz

Comment

Yes, nice comercial optik, and correct price

Comment

By the way, why are You saying that this is just comercial optik...? Isn't it for military scope use?

Buzzz

Comment

Military issue have the serial number of the rifle engraved in script on the side of the scope body.
            This one, apparently, only have a 5 digit serial number from the manufacturer. Hence civilian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X