7X50 Bmk Optics KM or Heer ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7X50 Bmk Optics KM or Heer ???

Pleased yours opinions on this 7X50 Optics ??? There are a KM or Heer Optics ?? Dienstglass 7X50 BMK
    Thank you
    Mathieu
    Attached Files

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
      binoculars used by the Heer.

Comment

Hello
        Thank you for your reply. Why is there a difference in the ocular? There is a folding system that are not found on oridinaires models? You are very sure that there is no model of the Navy? thank you

Comment

You've opened up a can of worms now! Some people believe that although generally "Dienstglas" marked binoculars were Army issued, the coated optics and special eyecups on this model, indicate it was Navy used.

See the earlier thread about bmk 7x50, sn 154664 (close to your serial) ;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=687343

My own bmk dienstglas 7x50 with "T" coated lenses, flip up eye cups and "+" reticule is serial number 153560.

Personally, I doubt that the German war industry would make coated binoculars with flip up eyecups and KM reticles (and some issued in KM cases) just for Heer use......

PS Does your's have a reticle?

Comment

Hi Mathieu,

Not all "Dienstglas" were used by Heer, such as your binoculars. They are Kriegsmarine 7X50 model made by Srb & Stys (bmk) with hinged eye cups.

Please see Hans Seeger's grey book page 334.

Yun

Comment

Normaly all "Dienstglas" marked binoculars were produced for the army.
              There is one exception: The 7x56 bmj Dienstglas with navy markings (i have one of this in my collection). See Hans Seegers grey book page 110.

The 7x50 bmk Dienstglas with hinged eye cups is a special theme.
              Some collectors are the opinion this binoculars are produced for the army other collectors are the opinion they are produced for the navy.
              Based on Hans Seegers grey book it looks like the 7x50 bmk Dienstglas binoculars were produced for the navy. I am not convinced.

it is certain that Zeiss produced 7x50 binoculars with hinged eye cups which were produced for the navy.

But everyone have to make his own picture.

Here some pictures of my binoculars with hinged eye cups.
              At first my 7x50 bmk binoculars with hinged eye cups.
              Attached Files

Comment

And now my 7x50 rln with hinged eye cups.
                Attached Files

Comment

One interessting thing:
                  The 7x50 rln has desiccator cartridges. The 7x50 bmk not.
                  Both have coated lenses.

Comment

Nice one! I've never seen a bmk with dessicators - but maybe someone out there will surprise us!

Out of curiosity - where does your bmk serial number come in (approximately)?

Comment

one thing I find odd is all these bmk's are with out cases. As with the zeiss glass the only navy marking is the eagle/m on the case. I can see if we found a set of BMK's in the original case with the E/M IV marking I caould say for sure they were Km issued. As with the blc/rln glass No one would know what or what if it wasn't for research and finding them in the orig plastic zeiss case with the e/m marking. So I assume the same would be the case for the bmk product ? Thoughts ?

Comment

Thank you very much for all yours precious comments and documentation .
                        Mathieu

Comment

I just bought this bmk 7x50 Dienstglass s/n 156005. It came in leather case marked ksd 1943 WaA14. Bought from an non-collector as heritage from his father. Found in central Slovakia.

Could this be case that was originaly delivered with this binoculars?

Comment

Every BMK set I have ever seen with a BMK correct case its quite clear they came together as BMK must have made their own cases along with Beh and Zeiss.

The rest seems to use outsourced cases. These just ended up together.

Comment

OK but how come that this case was made by KSD - Curt Vogel Leatherworks? I believe thed did not do any binoculars, so some binoculars makers probably used their cases? I just was not sure if BMK cases existed. You already confirmed that, thanks.
                              Then maybe someone knows which binoculars producer did use KSD cases?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X