S.R 4 complete in box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R 4 complete in box

This is as complete as they get, and in very nice condition. How rare are these, and what would be a reasonable price to pay for it?
    Attached Files

lloi

hhty
    Attached Files

Comment

ooiu

vvyre
      Attached Files

Comment

I would really appreciate some help in this matter Gentlemen:-)

Comment

Hello,
          I saw the same case with content at the militaria bourse in Ciney i thought they were asking €450 euros they had also the Festung Panzer observer included with case if i remember well for €1200 euros
          Christian

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer 48RMC. If thats the price then I guess its more economical to throw it in the garbage, 2 years ago I sold a "Klarinol im Tuch" in its original paper bag for Eur 200, like the ones that its 2 of in this box. So in other words the rest of the complete box with its contents is worth Eur 50 ?

Comment

There are a few persons who collect this stuf mostly bunkerboys like me
              i think 600 euro thats what i pay for the set
              i bought a bunkertelefon in kassel 140 euro no horn
              one in france 489 eeuro no horn
              thats for prices

Comment

Thank you very much for the answer scheveningen. OK, 600 is more like it, then I will remove the Klarinol, dustbrush, blendglas etc and sell them separately to the MG guys:-) Thank you very much for your help Gentlemen.

Comment

I think it is a shame to tear this set apart for monetary reasons. The klarinol are even listed in the inventory. All you have in mind is ****ing money, not preserving history. If you want to make money work or buy some ****ing shares.

Comment

It is a shame but not everyone is concerned with preserving history. Many sets (even just binos and cases) are separated on Ebay purely for profit.

In the future it'll be harder to tell intact sets from made up sets. Even repro items (rubber bump guards and eyecups) will be difficult to tell as they wear and get scuffed.

A problem for future generations.....

Comment

Thank you for sharing your opinion Gentlemen. I can to a certain extent agree, but one can not live on the good feeling of preserving (mass-produced items of) history alone, money is what puts food on the table.

Comment

Well, I think food can be had. Even without damaging what one is trading.

And if food is the goal, then all of China can deliver any kind of cheap goods that can be sold with a profit.

So, unless the goal is to eat steak, and drink wine, then there are other options than taking things apart.

In fact, if one can do a good job, China stuff will pay for the steak and the wine too.

I know, it cannot be stopped, but I don´t think, it can be excused.

(I have even seen a state museum divide things in a trade. Because:... the deal wasn´t about the assessories, so we keep those.)

Comment

Well,
                          This Hilton guy is going to do what he's going to do. You can't brow beat him into keeping it all intact, unless one of you is willing to pay him what YOU think its worth. If you're willing to give him what he wants, then you can tell him what to do.

Do I think he should keep it together for technical accuracy and historic reasons? Absolutely yes. But I don't own it and I don't have a say in the matter.

People are buying these things up at Ciney and other places and desecrating them in much much worse ways. Nothing we can do.

The vulture culture in the auction world is what it is, and if everyone on this board would really take a second and think about it, and truly be honest with themselves, this board has gone a long way in creating hysteria, re-imagining and inflating value, rarity, and driving up prices in the market thanks to folks putting their own "expert assessment" of value along with the heavy breathing. Sellers read this board and see pots of gold. You have to decide whether or not to stop giving public monetary valuations of objects you see here only in pictures. Keep value discussions private or keep witnessing profiteering going on. It's why I don't spend a lot of time here anymore - too depressing.

I've said it before over and over. The WAF board (at least for optics) is its own worst enemy for collectors and historians.

Comment

Re

I stil wanted to buy the complet set if you give my a price
                            Regards Piet

Comment

Originally posted by mlespaul View Post
                              Well,
                              This Hilton guy is going to do what he's going to do. You can't brow beat him into keeping it all intact, unless one of you is willing to pay him what YOU think its worth. If you're willing to give him what he wants, then you can tell him what to do.

Do I think he should keep it together for technical accuracy and historic reasons? Absolutely yes. But I don't own it and I don't have a say in the matter.

People are buying these things up at Ciney and other places and desecrating them in much much worse ways. Nothing we can do.

The vulture culture in the auction world is what it is, and if everyone on this board would really take a second and think about it, and truly be honest with themselves, this board has gone a long way in creating hysteria, re-imagining and inflating value, rarity, and driving up prices in the market thanks to folks putting their own "expert assessment" of value along with the heavy breathing. Sellers read this board and see pots of gold. You have to decide whether or not to stop giving public monetary valuations of objects you see here only in pictures. Keep value discussions private or keep witnessing profiteering going on. It's why I don't spend a lot of time here anymore - too depressing.

I've said it before over and over. The WAF board (at least for optics) is its own worst enemy for collectors and historians.
                              I agree - we build items up and everyone expects top dollar despite any flaws. But not all optics on the board get built up. What really peeves me off is when quality and original optics get slammed as fakes - merely because someone hasn't come across them before. Better to take valuations and slammings with a pinch of salt....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X