No announcement yet.

KM binos and case for your review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case and rainguard aside the binocular looks pretty much like a legit Srb & Stys 7x50 Kriegsmarine (see Rohan blue book page 95) and of which I have an example. That 10X50 marking is really strange, though, and the objective end caps don't look right. Usually their edges are flush with the barrels and don't protrude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

Indeed a bargain as you say.

The case also a bargain I would have thought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3108031370...84.m1439.l2649

Not at all convinced that the case has been modified or tampered with. It might well be a transitional leather case. It has some (but not many) features of the later presstoff case that is normally encountered. The case does not appear to be Kriegs marked and is most certainlty WaA marked. The case was manufactured by Karl Barth in Waldbröl (in Germany).

The captioned binos are doubtlessly bmk issue. Almost every bino and especially the accessories issued by bmk were like nothing else issued by German and Austrian contractors. Seems like the Czech manufacturers had a mind of their own.

Last edited by Michael Downey; 11-23-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

yes, bmk seemed to make their own cases. They are an odd ersatz material with a rough looking leather grain almost light elephant skin. They look like a commercial case. Till you see the Bmk and date stamped. They also make there own lense cover and button tabs. All marled Bmk and they differ from any other maker. It looks as though I was wrong about the case in this topice being repaired. Its a case I have not seen another example of. Till now. So cases alone sell for near 100.00

Comment

The problem with buying "bmk" binos nowadays is that the company that grew out of them (Meopta) made similar binos post war. And some industrious Meopta workers decided to turn their modern day binoculars into wartime bmk's for profit!

So you have a situation where modern binoculars, made by the "same" company, are altered to look like 1940's issue. Still good binos - but with superfluous markings. So not technically a fake - more of an impostor I think...

Comment

funny engravings

All these funny engravings are done in Ex-Eastern block countries.
            Saw a shop in Kiev full of stuff with same classy "workmanship" engravings on all kind of gear. Binos with all kind of invented markings, watches, plates sextants etc...
            Did not allow me to take photos of his shop nor its items.
            Just money printing and almost legaly ...

Comment

Yup - it pays to do your homework before buying nowadays. I wonder where these dodgy ones end up - maybe in the Far East where some buyers aren't as able to search forums like this because of language difficulties - or state censorship....

Comment

I wish they end up in Russia or Far East,...if the buyer sooner or later reads all this....The seller has a real problem...
                They will stuff him his things up in the ......personally and for real...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X