Luft Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Camera

I see a lot of reproductions of this style camera on Ebay. What do you guys think of this one? I do not know too much about them. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. What are real ones going for?

Del
    Attached Files

Luft Camera

2 more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Not original IMO.
      I have had one for many years ago and original Luftwaffe cameras dont have any eagle on them.

Andy

Comment

Bad markings, I am sure.

Comment

Russian copy of a Leica with fake markings. If you see an eagle on a camera you just know it's fake.

Comment

I found some old Pictures of my camera

Andy
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Luft Camera

I had the same thoughts on the eagle. Thanks for all your input.

Del

Comment

In addition (although I could be wrong) the eagle looks more like a Wehrmacht eagle than a Luftwaffe eagle.

Comment

Uncle goose is not quite correct. Navy camera´s can have eagles.
                      Small one´s but definitively eagles.
                      Goes for both Leica´s and robot´s

Regarding price´s. see if you can access some of Westlichts old auctions.
                      But please take a seat, and a couple of deep breaths before you do.
                      Personally, I find it incredible that there are shops working with so many zeroes in their prices.
                      They have sold quite a few, including Luftwaffe leica´s for the StuKa.

But, extremely few golden leica´s did ever exist, and I am not sure they ever made a swastika gold plated one.
                      Recently, Westlicht sold one gold plated, reptile skin clad model. 2.4 mill euro´s. Anyone else wanna bid?
                      I think, it will be easier to find an eagle marked leica, than a gold plated.
                      Last edited by Mikedenmark; 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I meant eagles like the one the OP showed. There would be no reason to engrave such large eagles and swastikas on a camera that would be used by professional photographers. It's true that some have acceptance marks on them but they are not that pronounced. It's also not true that they only used Leica and Robot's, the German kriegsberichters also used things like Rollei's, various plate camera's, Agfa camera's and many other camera's. Of course things like the Robot's were needed as camera on the aircraft because they had an automatic winding mechanism.

Comment

I did only comment on what I know.

Camera´s can have eagles. (It was stated they can not have eagles)

And Leica´s and Robot´s with eagles are known.

I did not comment on what other types of camera´s that were used.
                          I know contax was used, only I cannot remember, I have seen a contax with eagle markings.
                          Does not mean that they doesn´t exist.

The SS leica´s were hand engraved. Apparently a small run only, and extreeeemely rare. ( 6 known examples or so.)
                          Find 3-4 and you can exchange them for a new house.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X