PAK 40 Optics versus PAK 38 Optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAK 40 Optics versus PAK 38 Optics

I have what I think is PAK 38 optics. I have heard that the number of triangles visible determines what is PAK40 versus PAK 38. The exterior markings are 3 X 8 degrees. There is also a FLAK 3 X 8 degrees scope. I have both. Are there any exterior markings which would tell someone the scope was for a PAK 40?

Michaelangelo

Hello,

can you please post photos of the optics (including the reticle)? It is always easier to help identify if we can see photos.

Generally the following applies:

If the scope has 1 big inverted V in the middle and one smaller v left and right it is a Pak ZF 3x8 (used primilarily for the 5cm Pak 38, but also some early 7,5cm Pak 40).

The Pak ZF 3x8°/II has 1 big inverted V in the middle and 3 smaller ones left and right of it. This is the standard scope for the Pak 40.

Chris

Comment

Scope view pictures

Chris,

The FLAK scope is very cloudy. I cannot see much in it. The Other scope reticle is as you described.

Michaelangelo

Comment

Thanks

Chris,

I was upset that the FLAK scope wsa cloudy. Thank you for your information.

Michaelangelo

Comment

Originally posted by hchris View Post
          Hello,

can you please post photos of the optics (including the reticle)? It is always easier to help identify if we can see photos.

Generally the following applies:

If the scope has 1 big inverted V in the middle and one smaller v left and right it is a Pak ZF 3x8 (used primilarily for the 5cm Pak 38, but also some early 7,5cm Pak 40).

The Pak ZF 3x8°/II has 1 big inverted V in the middle and 3 smaller ones left and right of it. This is the standard scope for the Pak 40.

Chris
          You have learned well My work here is finished

Comment

Originally posted by mlespaul View Post
            You have learned well My work here is finished
            I try my best :-) Thank you that you explained this to me some time ago!

I have invested a lot of time into this hoppy in the last few months, WOW this is so interesting but really time consuming.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X