Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl zeiss 7x50 from italian vet

Hi,

I just want to show you a pair of Binos that were given to me in late 70's, that were in my grandmother's house in Italy. At the time a WW2 Vet friend of the family told me that these Binos were used by him in the Regia Marina (WW2 Italian navy), were he served.Also I remember that he told me that during WW2 he had shot down a spitfire..
    I was a teenager at the time, and I didn't pay much attention to these binoculars...

I remember that the binos were in very good condition, and with their box of issue.
    Nowadays the condition is not the same, as you can see from the photos, and also someone lost the box...

Well, yesterday I found them, in my attic,and tryed to see if there was any german markings...but apparently nothing was stamped there..

Well my question is : Could be possible that these binos have served in the Italian Navy during WW2?? ..If yes, why can not see the german codes, as " dienstglass", BLC, etc,etc..

Thank you for your opinions.
    Attached Files

bb
    Attached Files

Comment

nn
      Attached Files

Comment

Many civilian binoculars were used during the war - either impounded, loaned or donated - so anything's possible. Binoctars were frequently given by the Royal Navy as prizes - I have one that was awarded to an RN submariner. And Hans Seeger's grey book shows one in use on a British sub

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Bilko for your help!

cheers
          Luis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X