Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper - Ajack 6X scope

Hi,

I need some information about this AJACK 6X scope.

Serial number: 8604

Any information welcome
    What is the normal price for it?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any opinion?

Comment

I am not an authority on the history of the AJACK firm so I don't know when this scope was made. IMO based on the style and the serial number it would date to at least the mid-late 1920s and perhaps earlier. I know that AJACK was in the low 30,000 serial range by the mid 1930s and they seemed to have only produced a few to several thousand (maybe 3000 to 4000) scopes per year so this one would be 20s or earlier.

I think that this would have been used with those mounts on a commercial hunting rifle or drilling perhaps. I can say that the mounts are not typical of what I have seen used on WWI G98s....but I can not tell you for sure that it could not have been.

Comment

Hello,

from info i have and observations this MODEL in this 6x configeration was made between 1920-21, the lager 6x50 was introduced in 1922. this scope under the Ajack name and the missing placement of ajack address on the scope body or rear ocular was only made from 1920-1922 roughly and the 8000 serial pushes to atleast 1920 IMO with observations and data i have. There of course is more info needed. Thanks for sharing the proper details of your scope, great example.

later
            vaughn

Comment

The scope mount on this scope is the "Wiener Schnäppermontage", a civilean type scope mount. It can often be found on Mannlicher-Schönauer rifles.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X