Flak Binoculars for ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak Binoculars for ID

i haven't seen these before. look like flak binoculars but from what era? and what value would you place on them? thank you

Hello luftwaffenkopf,

No, not seen anything like these before, but if the Triangular dovetail-mount is anything to go-by, then I'd suggest that these might be director binoculars for fitting upon a larger device - perhaps to a Rangefinder?

Now, depending upon the sizes of the Triangular dovetail (please can you provide dimensions?), then it's a missing-link to a R/F instrument that I have in my collection.

If you're able to obtain a clearer photograph of the markings would also be appreciated.

Best of luck,
    Paul
    Last edited by globbitz; 10-16-2013, 12:14 AM. Reason: Added extra paragraph row.

Comment

A rare and interesting piece - Manufacturer Goerz Wien - Austria stamp of military administration by 30/05/1929. (HV = Heeresverwaltung).
      It was mounted on a 4m rangefinder.
      The value is, I think around 1000, - €.
      best regards
      Hans

Comment

Originally posted by globbitz View Post
        Hello luftwaffenkopf,

No, not seen anything like these before, but if the Triangular dovetail-mount is anything to go-by, then I'd suggest that these might be director binoculars for fitting upon a larger device - perhaps to a Rangefinder?

Now, depending upon the sizes of the Triangular dovetail (please can you provide dimensions?), then it's a missing-link to a R/F instrument that I have in my collection.

If you're able to obtain a clearer photograph of the markings would also be appreciated.

Best of luck,
        Paul
        i don't think i can get any more pics until it's in hand. i can see where it says "Beobachtungsfernrohr" - observation telescope, and it's made by "Goerz". i think they are also dated "30.5.29"... could they be Reichswehr era, predecessors of the WWII flak 10x80s? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chevyjonny View Post
          A rare and interesting piece - Manufacturer Goerz Wien - Austria stamp of military administration by 30/05/1929. (HV = Heeresverwaltung).
          It was mounted on a 4m rangefinder.
          The value is, I think around 1000, - €.
          best regards
          Hans
          thank you very much! i will post more pics when in hand

Comment

not Reichswehr - it is an Austrian-Glasses.
            l.g. Hans

Comment

Like it read it is : obsevation binocular for 2 meter goerz antiaircraft stereorangefinder 20 x magnification.
              Binocular magnification is 8 x.
              I have seen smilar binoculars, it is put under rangefinder tube.
              This model was also used in Finnish army.

Comment

Good Morning raak,

Ahah! - then it's exactly what I thought it was - I didn't see that secretive '2m' on the engravings photo - yes, that's exactly what I'm looking-for - many thanks luftwaffenkopf for bringing it to our (and certainly to my) attention.

Best regards,
                Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X