Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on ID of 3x9 Binos

All,

Picked these up a couple of weeks ago at a Flomarkt in Weisbaden, Germany for 12 Euro. Have not been able to ID the markings, they are brass with a 1936 date.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
    Gus

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice find! I'm unsure of the maker but know they're Russian Army 6x30's - I envy you!

Comment

I donĀ“t think they are russian.

Too good for that. Hungarian, Rumenian, somewhere over there.

Comment

Soviet Russian from ZTM plant.

Comment

Soviet Russian from ZTM plant Thanks for that - they must be a fairly rare maker as I've not heard much of them?

I donĀ“t think they are russian.

Too good for that. Hungarian, Rumenian, somewhere over there
          My pre war Russian binos are better made than my pre war MOM's. Mind you - I'm a sucker for clear optics and heavy brass!

Comment

I found them in a old suitcase at the flomarkt, with some Wehrmacht field equipment (y-straps, bread bag, canteen, ear muffs).

Comment

Nice find! Probably captured and used by the Wehrmacht. The few captured Soviet binoculars I have, have had the Hammer and Sickle scratched off. I wonder why there's none on this one?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing..the Soviet binos that I have seen had a hammer and sickle on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
                  Nice find! Probably captured and used by the Wehrmacht. The few captured Soviet binoculars I have, have had the Hammer and Sickle scratched off. I wonder why there's none on this one?
                  This marking of ZTM №69 plant designed for civilian binoculars.
                  The hammer and sickle were only on military production.

Comment

Isn't it strange to find a date stamp on a civilian binocular? I know that not all Soviet military binoculars carried the Hammer and Sickle.

I have an early post WW2 coated Russian 7x50 Naval binocular with the reticule in the left side and the reticule illumination port - but no Hammer and Sickle.

I'd say Gustav61's pair could still be military or at least officially issued in some capacity - they're identical to others I've seen from the same period. In any case - knowing what came shortly after - they probably saw military use. Nice find!

Comment

No, it's not strange. In the Soviet Union before the war on all types of binoculars put the year marking.
                      This Binoculars - civilian version. The same marking was put on the teatrical binoculars.
                      http://reibert.info/threads/%D0%A1%D...%D0%B3.205325/

Please, show your Soviet 7x50 binoculars - that's interesting.

Comment

Well in that case Rusmann - I bow to your superior knowledge. Here in the UK dates are normally associated with military issued items. I'll rake my 7x50's out and message you.

I've two of these naval 7x50's - one 1942 and "hammer etc" marked and a similar non "hammer etc" marked one. Both have reticule illumination on the left side.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X