Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bakelite CXN advice needed

Hi guys,

I have an option on a CXN bakelite 6x30 bino. It has the rubber rain guard and is complete with strap en flap. Optics are 95%. It is not cheap and over 1 K euro. Is it worth it?

See pictures. Thanks for your help!

Erik
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think €1000 euros is way too much and beside that it seems that the bakelite has some cracks is that right?? I saw them go between the €400 and the €850 euros so i would say be patient and you will find a nice specimen for a better price then the one how has been offered to you for 1 K,......... success!!!
          Groet Christian

Comment

they sell in the 1200.00 usd range and Im not sure wht that is in Euros. The cracks I see are the non-critical ones. Look @ the hinge points.. The neck flap looks orig. as the studs have tan paint. Id say the rain cover is orig as well.. So that adds to the value. Optics on these are usually poor. But, that doesn't seem to effect the value.. You can wait for a cheaper set. But, waiting sucks !!!

Comment

I agree - it does seem a lot of money but if you really need one in your collection it may be worth considering. If buying as an optical instrument they're always well over priced. I've had several and I think I've still two kicking around but I've never been impressed with the viewing experience. For the optics alone - you'd get a U Boat blc for the price and never regret it. Just my opinion!

Comment

I think the acceptable price for this one is approximately 700 EUR due to its condition. 1K? Were I you, I'd rather buy an early war KM 7X50 model.

Comment

Thanks very much for the opinions guys! Helpfull indeed.
                  I will go ask what his best price would be...

Erik

Comment

The rubber rain guard is the correct pattern for the CXN.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X