Carl Zeiss Rangefinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Zeiss Rangefinder

I've been offerd a Carl Ziess (Jena) marked Rngefinder. It is about a metre long (or just a bit shorter) and has original green paint and markings. It seems to work but needs a clean up, it is complete with carrying strap and metal tubular carry case, also in the carry case is a small tripod with a clamp that holds the rangefinder on the operator's chest. This has been offered to me by a local man who is not a collector. He has asked 200 Euros, the overall condition is good/fair and one of the padded leather ends is missing but replaceable. Does anyone know what these things are worth? I collect uniforms and helmets so I have no idea whether or not 200 Euros is a good price. Can anyone help?

Hi GvB, not something I personally collect, but the price sounds fair to me? Optics always seem to fetch good money. As it sounds complete I think it is a good deal?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Buy it.

Cheers.
      Peter Wiking

Comment

Thanks guys, so it doesn't seem like a bad buy then. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying more than it's worth. Thanks

Comment

I just spent $325 USD for one in bit better condition. So, I don't think you are going wrong with it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X