Busch Telescope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busch Telescope

wonder if anyone could offer some help to identify this telescope etc.

Markings:

Tenno
    Schmidt Shoten

Busch

15x

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this telescope, My friend who was given the telescope by his granddad (who's brother gave it to him), was passed down this story, although very old and short my or may not help,

"His great Uncle was a Officer on a Merchant Navy ship , his ship was destroyed in the Atlantic by a U-Boat, he was taken on board along with the ships log etc, and was given the telescope by one of the crew onboard"

Not wishing to dwell much on the story, as I doubt you'd hand your nice shinny telescope over to a prisoner of war, and I doubt it would of survived the guards clutches at a camp, unfortunately no more details are known, I asked all the obvious question, ships name, where did he sail from, to, was he a prisoner of war, unfortunately all those answers have been taken to the grave.

is "Tenno, Schmidt Shoten" a persons name? a ships name?

Regards Paul

ps ill post some pictures when i rebuild my pc

Hi Paul,

I think Busch stands for "Emil Busch" a German optical equipment manufacturer that made binoculars, telescopes, gunsights etc
    Can't help with the other names sorry, except maybe the word "Shoten", which I think is Japanese! hmmm..very strange..

The guys on this board might be able to help.

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/forums.php

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X