scherenfernrohr how repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scherenfernrohr how repair

i bay in some village nice sf 14 with tripod and...hm m one part its brake after war someone wanna open sf and brake it ...first how i can repair it solder?weld?

http://s603.beta.photobucket.com/use...14459967867446
    tripod:

how look this crack

hmmm i nead some opinion
    and second ... near measuring its also torn part but ,is it damage from war?i think that becous its paint in red colour like rest of open detail

sorry 4 my english

I think these are best used as spareparts.

It will be hard to repair properly, and the price for the repair will probably be more than the price of a nice intact SF.

Comment

Take it apart to release the two broken lugs and since it looks to be made from brass (which pre/early war examples were typically made of) you should be able to braze it back together, held in a jig of course. You'd need to file it smooth and probably open up the bore a little too as it will warp a little from the heat. But it should hold firm once back together.

Comment

Witam,

If it is brass and the parts match, you might be able to weld them with tin. Make sure you don't heat it too much or you will loose all the original paint.

I can help you with the last pic part, I've got some spares and one is that one:

Carles
        Last edited by me6_130; 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Here you are:
          Attached Files

Comment

You might also need these two parts: the shade cover can be shaped back, the prism is defective but might be better than the one you have.

Carles
            Attached Files

Comment

Certainly needs a complete strip down to remove the glass optics as the heat could destroy them whilst brazing or silver soldering.

But I do think it can be saved

Comment

is this part its 4 sale?or some change?
                i think this sf14 its break in war near this measuring and some soldier paint it read but its only my idea what u think about it

Comment

Hello
                  in my opinion this Scherenfernrohr will never show a clear image
                  It's cheaper to buy an complete Scherenfernrohr !!

Comment

mabey someone have this part

and also ask how unscrew this part from rest of tube?

Comment

I guess that part might be welded, so you would have to heat it with a blow torch, till the tin melts, and then you could unscrew it.

Carles

Comment

how to remove the screw, the screw is on the one hand and the collar can not be drawn with the cancellation as the arrow
                        I wanted to pull the tube mount

Comment

hej chłopaki mam pytanie jak odkręcić dół mosiężny od reszty tuby
                          I want it to be welded but only brass
                          optics twisted

u have some idea how do it?

also i have problem with second brass ring - part from tube how i can do remove it from rest

its on this photo

Comment

hey guys how do I remove the bottom from the rest of the brass tube
                            pleas help

Comment

This might help you:

http://allegro.pl/lorneta-nozycowa-s...702217679.html

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X