Price???(SS-Dienstglas RUKA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ! I ask your help in price definition.SS-Dienstglas RUKA Rathenow101839
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

SS-Dienstglas RUKA Rathenow101839
    Attached Files

Comment

///////////////////////
      Attached Files

Comment

do you want to buy or to sell the bino?

Comment

SS dienstglas

Hi Igor,
          There is a lot of contention about these,some say they were never made and have been faked postwar,a guy I know in Austria has spoke a few times about this type of dienstglas, on this forum,I know little of SS collecting as I'm mainly into binoculars (German last war) but I must put my head above the parapet on this this and say that I do agree with him,I do believe these things existed,for two reasons why is it alwaysthe same maker ? Ruka ? The only other maker I have ever seen with this type of mark was a battlefield excavation the maker was the Italian firm of vilaba Roma as for the price I'm really sorry I suppose it depends on which camp you are in the fake or real camp,
          W

Comment

Originally posted by amberjake View Post
            Hi Igor,
            There is a lot of contention about these,some say they were never made and have been faked postwar,a guy I know in Austria has spoke a few times about this type of dienstglas, on this forum,I know little of SS collecting as I'm mainly into binoculars (German last war) but I must put my head above the parapet on this this and say that I do agree with him,I do believe these things existed,for two reasons why is it alwaysthe same maker ? Ruka ? The only other maker I have ever seen with this type of mark was a battlefield excavation the maker was the Italian firm of vilaba Roma as for the price I'm really sorry I suppose it depends on which camp you are in the fake or real camp,
            W
            With this maker and this serial number you are pretty safe in believing that this set is genuine SS issue.

Comment

They look good to me too. Value, hard to tell. Not too many show up for sale.

Jack

Comment

6x30

These are correct SS contract in the correct serial range. Value has been effected by all the fakes that have been turning up lately.

Comment

My set has a serial 101687, so very close.

Jack

Comment

I can see there is another SS binocular in another thread...

I am wondering, if anyone tried to weigh these binoculars.

The weight might be an easy way to test some dubious items.

(untill someone take a fake and grind out inner parts to match the weight of an original.)

But it might give a clue when in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by IGOR WEISS View Post
                      Hello ! I ask your help in price definition.SS-Dienstglas RUKA Rathenow101839
                      Thanks.
                      not 1.400,- EURO!

Comment

Originally posted by wilddieb View Post
                        not 1.400,- EURO!
                        You have objection?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
                          I can see there is another SS binocular in another thread...

I am wondering, if anyone tried to weigh these binoculars.

The weight might be an easy way to test some dubious items.

(untill someone take a fake and grind out inner parts to match the weight of an original.)

But it might give a clue when in doubt.

the safest way is to know the differents and thats not the weight but I cant tell the differents here because who knows what kind of peoples read here.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X