Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: Manny An old dispute

Hey Manny,
    As promised here are the photos of the y-straps. Are they early or late war?

Thanks Michael

:

Comment

:

Comment

:

Comment

:

Comment

:

Comment

whooooaa... - thats an amazing pair of Y-straps...

I would say they are rather some transitional model - mid war... .. like late 43..

Comment

A collector buddy of mine got an unissued canvas set still in factory wrapping attached to a late war pack. If I recall, it had a leather back strap too. Are the ones with the canvas back straps the tropical ones and these late war, when leather was scarce?
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hi Michael...........welcome back !
                  I've taken a good look at your Y straps and I must admit they're not what I was referring to when I was talking about web Y suspenders with replaced back strap!This is the very first time I see these straps and I must say that they look 99,99999 genuine;anything looks spot on, namely threads,stitchings,D-rings leather fittings aso,yet....are you 100% sure they haven't been put together later?Don't get me wrong Mikey....I like them and they are very,very interesting(I'd love to have one pair myself and I soon will post an excerpt from a footage newsreel showing a SSmann wearing a very strange style of Y-straps!),but in my continuous quest for WW2 German footwear,for example, I've found many, many pairs of knobelbecker and low/mountain boots assembled after the war with original pieces,therefore this is a possibility I always take into consideration!
                  All in all I like these straps a lot and I'll repeat myself telling you that they're NOT the ones I was referring to!If I'd find a pair of these straps I'd snatch them fasterthanthis for they're beautiful, but I'd start to study them thoroughly to be 101% sure;it's only me though....sometimes I'm the "Brain-Farting" World Champion and that doesn't mean that I say that they're not good by any means !I'd love to have them myself and spend long hours(would they really be long ?) watching them!
                  Great find Mikey.....................and what a great camera............in both cases the wait was well worth!
                  Congratulations

Manny

Comment

Hey Manny,
                    I see what you mean, I looked over the set many times, and cant really put my finger on anything that bothers me. I have no proof that they haven't been put together, just the simple fact that they were found like this by a good friend of mine, while on a trip in Europe, Thats all I have.

Anyway, what are these late war or early war? Can we come to a conclusion.
                    Thanks Michael

Comment

Originally posted by MGN
                      Anyway, what are these late war or early war? Can we come to a conclusion.
                      Thanks Michael
                      Hi Mikey,
                      They certainly aren't early war imo...I'd call them late-war "ersatz"!
                      You're right buddy....the fact that they've been found like that it's more than enough to me as well!I like the way they've been made,very German-like, and even withouth knowing their whereabouts I wouldn't esitate to use them on one of my setups !
                      By the way.............any markings in sight? I mean....any markings on the leather patch?
                      Later
                      Manny

Comment

and a 215 on the leather patch

Michael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X