Greed has no limits KM DF 10x80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greed has no limits KM DF 10x80

See this linkhttp://www.ebay.de/itm/Flakgrossfernglas-10x80-in-Kiste-komplett-40-45-/140876362495?pt=Militaria&hash=item20cce2b2ff

This seller want only €14.500 for this KM DF 10x80 in its wooden case. He has lowered his price already with €3000 from €17.500 to €14.500. You can sent him an offer. Well so I did. I sent him an offer of €3000, but this was rejected. Instead he sent me an e-mail if I have nothing better to do than botter him with nonsense offers. What a guy

Flakgrossfernglas 10x80 in Kiste komplett 40/45

Fuer Sammler mit Geld und Geschmack

Rücknahmen:Keine Rücknahme. Dies ist ein Privatverkauf.

Hahaha, what a retard.

Comment

The bino is great but useless at normal use when made at 80 degree. its designed for aircrafts.
      20 degree is the way to go if you need a bether one .

Comment

Way to expensive

Andy

Comment

AND you need to have geschmack

Why good taste has anything to do with this, is hard to see.

I cannot, and wil not, top an offer of 3000 euro. So I do not have to care about a derogatory reply, if I forward an offer.
          I don´t see why people wants to answer that way, when they receive an offer.
          Especially, when they specificly invite offers.

All it takes is a polite, no thank you.

Comment

to Mr. Frans

To Mr. Frans,

Where's from such a title "Greed has no limits..."?
            It's easy. If you cannot afford it, don't buy it !
            This is very rare, mint state binos.
            For me is too expensive, but it doesn't mean that other collector won't buy it.
            Don't be malicious and don't comment stupidly.
            Life is too short for it...

Comment

ebay

On Ebay's make offer system you can put a minimum offer that you would like to see. If someone makes an insulting low offer, ebay automatically cancels the offer. Sell never has to be bothered by low balled offers.

Comment

I cannot see how any offer can be insulting.

If I want to make a bid for one dollar, then that is how I value that item.
                If seller has a minimum limit for offers, he should write out that limit in the description.
                That would save time for people considering placing an offer too.

Comment

You all are so funny. People on this forum (including some self-styled experts) regularly make outlandish assessments of monetary value on items made by Zeiss, Eug, and certain Leitz optical equipment that they consider "rare", and then you guys complain about how expensive stuff is on the auction sites.

KM 7x50s and 8x60s both by Zeiss and Leitz get commented on and are worshipped by posters on this site. Then you all complain about how expensive everything's become. Of COURSE sellers are reading the posts on this forum and others like it, and assume that's what these are worth, because that's what they read here. And they follow it.

That's why I stopped giving price estimates here. It only helps to inflate things. That's also why you're now seeing a migration of militaria dealers and collectors gravitating to optics, as they see a new source of cash. It's not greed, it's business to them.

17,000 euro or 14,500 euro isn't retarded or stupid if someone pays that much. All it takes is ONE guy, and suddenly you have a precedence. That's why we have 4,000 and up KM/"Uboat" binoculars and you guys don't even bat an eyelash.

Sellers are only reacting to what they're reading on forums like this. Just look back over the last couple years and read some of the hyped-up, hysteria comments made on some of these items. Can you blame them?
                  Last edited by mlespaul; 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tassman33 View Post
                    To Mr. Frans,

Where's from such a title "Greed has no limits..."?
                    It's easy. If you cannot afford it, don't buy it !
                    This is very rare, mint state binos.
                    For me is too expensive, but it doesn't mean that other collector won't buy it.
                    Don't be malicious and don't comment stupidly.
                    Life is too short for it...
                    Well..this is not nice of you at all mr tassman33. To call me malicious and stupid. But, I think you cannot help your self. This is just the way you are. You have to work a bit on your attitude my friend

Comment

Once again: If you cannot afford it, don't buy it !
                      Please, back to your first track and read it once again.
                      I think you did understand nothing.
                      Have a nice day !

Comment

I think MlesPaul is right. Militaria dealers are moving into binoculars.

One thing is, binoculars are becoming expensive.

Another is, that anything, that has to do with guns is becoming increasingly difficult to deal.
                        So, in my opinion, it is not only the dealers that move in that direction. The collectors do as well.

I don´t envy newcomers in the bino field. Eventually a newcomer will have to make do with 3-6 binoculars, just like people, who start collecting SS items, have to.
                        Items are too expensive for most of us to stack up in large numbers.
                        ( I did see a nice photo on a german forum. 16 Uboat 7x50 blc bino´s in a pile. The guy who posted it, claimed that was only those so ugly, he didn´t want them in his collection. He preferred mint one´s)
                        So we are unlikely to run out of binoculars anytime soon, only money will become short.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X