Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8x60's sell for £6,100!

Hi all,

Was anyone else watching UK ebay and the boxed pair of 8x60 BLC commander bino's that just sold for £6,100.00!!

Is this mad or just me thinking it's mad?

Cheers

Richard

Didn´t see the auction, sounds okay with the box.

I haven´t got enough banks in my neighbourhood to rob, to be able to pay such prices, so I have to stay out of that game.
    But I would dearly love to get such a box.
    Apparently, at least two other people felt the same way.

And yes, it IS a lot of money.

Now there are 2-3 more 8x60 on ebay UK right now. Guess they may be so common, they may some day become affordable again.
    and one fixture as well...
    Last edited by Mikedenmark; 05-15-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
      Didn´t see the auction, sounds okay with the box.

I haven´t got enough banks in my neighbourhood to rob, to be able to pay such prices, so I have to stay out of that game.
      But I would dearly love to get such a box.
      Apparently, at least two other people felt the same way.

And yes, it IS a lot of money.

Now there are 2-3 more 8x60 on ebay UK right now. Guess they may be so common, they may some day become affordable again.
      and one fixture as well...
      For me personally I could not bring myself to pay thousands for the case, but I'm not saying that the set was oversold. There was another set of fatones on UK ebay that went for about 1900 or so....not as nice but not bad either.

I'm not sure that they are overpriced .....they are in the range of a complete single decal FJ helmet and there must be 100-200 of those helmets out there for every set of these U Boot cdr glasses.

Comment

I post the eBay scans of the binos and box that are under discussion. Notice the slightly different hue of green on the bridge barrel. This difference in shading is often seen on 8 x 60s. Note the homemade red washers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Michael Downey; 05-16-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

A view of the open box and the underside of the binos. The paint work on the underside has seen much more wear than the other side.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Michael Downey; 05-16-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

The case seems to be in not too bad condition. The only other case I have ever seen was really beat up.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Michael Downey; 05-16-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

binos inside case
              Attached Files

Comment

A close-up of the Kreigsmarine marking and Zeiss maker code. The MaA marking appears to be very crude, but I have seen other case marking which are exactly the same.
                Attached Files

Comment

8x60's

Thanks for posting the pictures, I tried and failed on the orginal post.

I echo the comments below regarding the price, I'd love to own such a pair but like everything, there are limits. It's subjective, there are probably things I would buy and others would say I'm mad to pay for.....most of my work colleagues say that about collecting militaria for example.

Comment

Originally posted by rolfester View Post
                    Thanks for posting the pictures, I tried and failed on the orginal post.

I echo the comments below regarding the price, I'd love to own such a pair but like everything, there are limits. It's subjective, there are probably things I would buy and others would say I'm mad to pay for.....most of my work colleagues say that about collecting militaria for example.
                    I share your view.

These are great binos that posted....OK maybe I would pay a mint for the case after seeing your photos!!

I see really nice examples like this one continuing to appreciate like similar nice items in other categories.....both militaria and other areas.

Comment

Hello all,

Well, in comparison, collecting other areas of German WW2 related material can be expensive if you're into rocketry it seems:

Sale in February on eBay of EUR €773.00 for an original 10,5cm x 7,5cm photo of a V2 Rocket being prepared on it's test pad?

eBay#150760503494 - 'Heeresversuchsanstalt Peenemünde V2 Rakete / WW2'

Personally I'd rather have something more-hefty in my hands for that kind of money.

Regards,
                      Paul

Comment

I agree, The Price is NOT too high. It´s one or maybe the best Bino in the World in original Box, so what?

Comment

Crazy price for a bino with case but they are hard to find

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by HERMSDORF View Post
                            I agree, The Price is NOT too high. It´s one or maybe the best Bino in the World in original Box, so what?
                            Yes indeed it's very impressive i like it a lot but i have see better 8x60 then the one how has been sold it's more the case that gives me a thrill . I would like to obtain such wooden little coffin does anybody have one for sale

Comment

8x60 box

If you are after a box then there is one for sale on the UK ebay right now.

I'm nothing to do with the sale but I think probably most people on this forum will be familiar with the seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zeiss-blc-...item19d0ff372e

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X