Kreigsmarine 1943 microscope -Zeiss-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreigsmarine 1943 microscope -Zeiss-

Wanted to share this rather scarce Carl Zeiss 1943 Kriegsmarine microscope with you guys.
    Wondering where something like this would be used, on ship or land, or both?

It's missing the eye piece and one side of mirror is broken.

Thanks in advance.

-wagner-

Comment

Comment

Nice CZJ microscope, but I am sorry to inform you that the eagle is postwar addition and 100% fake

Comment

Are you sure Glaser that this is a fake it seems to be a good CZJ eagle

Comment

Unfortunately yes, I am sure. Don't know a lot about everything, except for Kriegsmarine items. These eagle are added to instruments in Poland (among others) and come by a dealer in Bremen (Germany) to a dealer in Antwerp (Belgium). That is how I bought my first fakes too! Take a good look at a CZJ on a genuine CZJ optic an judge for yourself. Everybody believes what he what he likes so I am not pretending to know everything, but to me there is no doubt at all about these kind of eagles added on optics and other instruments . That is what happens when dealers that go for profit meat collectors that go for collecting historical artefacts.

Comment

If this is a fake its scary, the KM eagle looks very good..

Andy

Comment

Hi Glaser i have look many times and i see what you are try to pointed out. The head of the eagle is odd, the logo JENA goes up till the line, and the feathers lines has no curve at all. I'm curious what others have to say but if this is a fake it's a very good one, very scary. Thanks for taking part in this discussion Glaser

Comment

Something is weird her, different serial numbers on the same microscope..

Andy
                  Attached Files

Comment

I suppose that the objective is changeable and do have their own serialnumber like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-M...item3a727e913e

Comment

48RMC you fully understood my point, yes scary indeed these fakes!

Comment

to bad the initial pictures are lost once again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X