Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAK 38 ZF 3x8°

Hello,

I came across this picture of the PAK38 optic called the ZF 3x8°.

What I wanted to ask is, does anybody have any description of the sight reticle?

How long are those lines, what is the distance between the ^^^?

Does anybody have any idea?

Nobody has any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by hchris View Post
      Nobody has any idea?

I have devoted an entire website to this (currently down).

strich are 10 apart.

This is for the 5,0 cm Pak 38 using a specific undercarriage assembly to swivel to allow the additional lead. They corrected this later with the updated strichplatte for the Pak 40 and higher, doing away with the need for the swivel.

See the later post on your questions about the size of triangles. Do you get the drift now that this early measuring type was not extremely accurate for estimating round strikes at long distances?

Comment

Originally posted by mlespaul View Post
        I have devoted an entire website to this (currently down).

strich are 10 apart.

This is for the 5,0 cm Pak 38 using a specific undercarriage assembly to swivel to allow the additional lead. They corrected this later with the updated strichplatte for the Pak 40 and higher, doing away with the need for the swivel.

See the later post on your questions about the size of triangles. Do you get the drift now that this early measuring type was not extremely accurate for estimating round strikes at long distances?

Thank you very much for the info. Yes I am trying to learn how those optics worked. Do you also know the length of the the lines? Looks like the ^^^ are all at a right angle at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by hchris View Post
          Thank you very much for the info. Yes I am trying to learn how those optics worked. Do you also know the length of the the lines? Looks like the ^^^ are all at a right angle at the top.
          I know this old....but yes all are at 90 deg angles, but thats not how distance was measured. since each was 10 strich apart you calculated distance after knowing the length of the tank. You really only need to use the distance between the arrow points and knowing how long the tank is, to choose the right distance selector on the range drum.

Comment

Originally posted by mlespaul View Post
            I know this old....but yes all are at 90 deg angles, but thats not how distance was measured. since each was 10 strich apart you calculated distance after knowing the length of the tank. You really only need to use the distance between the arrow points and knowing how long the tank is, to choose the right distance selector on the range drum.
            I found similar information in the Tiger Fibel :-) Thank you for your post!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X