German Optics Box ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Optics Box ?

I went to a vintage vehicle jumble today and found this box, only marking inside and out is N/1, cant read the date and makers mark on the outside as the paint is too thick, steel clip inside is marked frn42, any ideas anybody ?
    Regards Gary
    Attached Files

Interior shot
    Attached Files

Comment

Flakglas 10x80

Hi,

its for a Flakglas 10x80, nice to find with the inserts.

Martin

Comment

Thankyou for your reply Martin, just need to find the contents now.
        Regards
        Gary

Comment

Gary,

good find. It took me a couple of years to find my box - I already had the contents but I like the sight of a nicely packed box, as it where!

I have included 2 photos

1. The outside

Mine was a GI post back to home, hence the names/paperwork on the front. I have no clue if it was posted back with the contents or if it was used as a baggage trunk - given all the fittings were still there, suspect it was full but the contents had long gone when i acquired it last year.

2. The inside

The hardest part to find (as an original) is the notvisier, the frame packed into the lid. This sits on top of the binos and is a coarse aiming device.

I bought and restored my binos some years ago and picked up the other bits in the intervening time.

Good luck with the filling - there is nothing nicer than a completely full transport case.

Items you will need are:
          1. 10x80 Binos
          2. Rain shields for the lenses
          3. The mount (2 parts elevation cradle and the circular angle display
          4. The rubber head-rest
          5. The notvisier aiming frame

for outside, the tripod as well. I still need the leather transport case for my tripod if anyone knows of one.

I have also the battery box and lens light plus cabling in my set although I dont think that was part of the box contents originally

Regards

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X