"Liberated" German binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Liberated" German binoculars

Has anyone seen this style before? Dad removed them from a POW during the Bulge. I did not find any military markings so I wonder if these were someones personal item.
    sigpic
    Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

binoculars
    sigpic
    Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

Looks like a personal item, because there is no Code stamp visible ...

Comment

I think they're civillian as well, or maybe private purchase made for the military. I'm not familliar with the "common-style" of civillian binoculars...but I don't suppose there was that much distinction between them and military ones either.

Although my grandfather was in the Army Air Corp, in the trunk of things he brought back there was his binoculars he used for spotting planes in the sky, and they were civillian issue that he decided to bring along.

ZaCK

Comment

Civilian.

A civilian set but a very good make. centre focusing , no codes being the immediate pointers.
          A very good quality set , with a nicely conditioned case.

Comment

Ostmark/Zack/behblc,

I appreciate to comments. I don't know why I didn't do it before now but I did a Google search on "Hensoldt" and was surprised at all the information that popped up.

Much obliged...

Greg
            sigpic

Comment

Hensoldt was a german maker produced sniper scopes with bmi and bek code during WW2 and binoculars, too. The pics shows a civilian one without code marks. German army still use Hensoldt bino 7x40 you can find a lot of sold on ebay Germany today, really good binos and scopes. Hensoldt is Zeiss group today.

Comment

Vielen Dank ...

Originally posted by kraut-stuff
                Hensoldt was a german maker produced sniper scopes with bmi and bek code during WW2 and binoculars, too. The pics shows a civilian one without code marks. German army still use Hensoldt bino 7x40 you can find a lot of sold on ebay Germany today, really good binos and scopes. Hensoldt is Zeiss group today.
                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X