Ajack 4x90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajack 4x90

Did the military use this type, i have only seen them with elevation drum adjustment
    screw facing the opposite way towards the objective lens.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by luger 41; 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: wrong picture

the Ajack 4x90 was first introduced in 1938.
    these scopes were widely used during WW2.the commercial type scope with the focus ring has a tube to short to use with the turret mount or claw mount that fits on the middle tube.the commercial type scope was usually used on the SSR mount or objective claw mount.looks like your scope was probably used on a drilling by the rings and bases.the prewar commercial type scopes i have seen run from about 30,000 to about 42,000.
    the german military 4x90 scopes run from about 42,000 range to maybe 53,000 range.they will have a fixed focus,no focus ring.usually have a sunshade.may have a recoil ring.the military scopes were usually used with the low and high turret mounts,LSR mount.
    the elevation housing is attached to the scope tube with 2 screws that allows the elevation housing to be reversed on the scope tube.the dial clamping screw can be placed to the front or back as necessary.
    the Ajack 4x90 was made again in the 1950s.the serial numbers for these scopes are under about 9,000
    can you give me your scope serial number for my ajack 4x90 scope data sheet?i can not make out the serial number from your photo.

Comment

Ajack

Its not my scope sold on e-bay a while back, if anyone has it or one like it i would like to buy it.

Comment

Scope

What would the rings and bases look like on a military objective mount,
        with this early type scope, what does drilling mean.

Comment

the claw mount rings on a military M98 would look similar to the rings on the photo of the ajack 4x90.for the objective claw mount on the K98 commercial mount parts were used.the rings could be half ring,like photo,or solid rings,or rings split at the top with a clamping screw.the rear ring would be a half ring if positioned under the elevation housing.there are just a lot of variation according to the person fitting the scope to the rifle.sometimes the dovetail base,that the claw feet fit,is dovetailed into the receiver ring.there could be a solder base on the receiver ring for the dovetail base to fit.using the same front ring.the rear base is usually soldered and screwed to the receiver bridge.the rear base usually used the sliding latch like the base in the photo.this is the common commercial style of latch.the type of front ring mounting changes the height of the windage block,piece with wingade screws that attaches to rear base.the windage block is finish machined after the front and rear bases are fitted to the receiver.the height has to be measured by aligning the scope on the rifle so the scope lines up with the impact point of the rifle the scope is being fitted to.also the spacing of the rings will match up to the bases.the scope is soldered to the rings with the rings in position on the rifle.commercial claw mounts are not standardized so there are to many variations to have a scope with claw rings fit and zero on another rifle.
          a drilling is a sporting gun,common in europe, that has 3 barrels.usually 2 shot barrels over a rifle barrel.

Comment

Ajack 4x90 Added

C.P.GEORZ here is one for your data base. S/N is 51922. It is mounted on what I believe to be an Israeli Defense Forces Kar98k. I have just recently gotten this rifle, trying to learn about it, it has very few markings and is in 7.62.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X