Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling binocular experts

Hi,
    Could someone please have a look at a pair of binos for me - I'll have to email the pics to them as they're too big to post. They're approx $200.00. Here is the description:

6 x 30 binoculars. An excellent condition set of all sand coloured 6 x 30 service binoculars. No maker marks or coding. Simply marked 6 x 30. This excellent set of tropical painted binoculars come complete with their original black leather neck strap. One small sand coloured screw threaded disc which holds the bridge of binoculars together missing. binoculars are contained in a brown leather, white stitched case, which is of civilian manufacture.

Thank you in anticipation!
    John

I've managed to shrink the pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried
      I've managed to shrink the pics
      a bit bigger
      Attached Files

Comment

another pic
        Attached Files

Comment

First, they are not tropical, they are ordnance tan. It is a myth they are tropical. I have not seen unmarked glasses, but they look OK based on your one small picture. Too me, it is the case and neck strap that are the important part that they are period and in good condition. Clarity of the lens is important too. $200 is on the high side of average though. I only have one set left and it also has the leather tab for attaching to the tunic and the rubber eye piece covers. They are even more difficult to find than the other parts.
          Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X