Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLC 7X50 binoculars ????????

Hi Guys!

Need some opinions, I have purchased a 7X50 binoculars with three letter code blc.
    The markings are found on right optical house and says only:
    7X50
    blc
    The other side is totally blank. The oculars have the adjusment rubber rings and the ocular cover made in leather with spring mounted. There are no other markings on the binos, and I dont have any books on this, so is there anyone who can help me with when it was made (#2187117) and which part of the German military forces used it?

Regards

Carl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Carl Ellingstad; 04-01-2004, 05:18 PM.

No one who knows

Comment

blc

Carl,
      The binoculars are coded blc (Carl Zeiss) Jena..I have a couple of pairs, and they were issued to the german army and military forces in general, if Kreigsmarine they would have the eagle M.. They are of WW2 period.. One of my sets has German parachute cord braided for the neck hanging strap, they came in black leather cases or ersatz leather ..wfg

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Do the rubber rings who you can adjust have a special purpose?
        And I have seen that some advanced collectors can tell out from the serial number which year the binos was made! I have noticed that some collectors says that the type of attachment method for the ocular cover on my binos is Kriegsmarine, any comments on this?

Regards

Carl

Comment

binos

Carl, They could be Kreigsmarine, I have several different pairs that have all the KM qualities but are not marked KM. I have a few pairs that have range grids in one of the occulars and each eye piece can be adjusted.. Yes I beleive that some advance collectors can determine the date of production by the serial number.. I think that a book in German language on German binos. has recently been published, and the author has a web site and a e-mail for questions this was related to me at a show a few weeks ago..Are you coming to the MAX show in Charlotte, N.C. Oct. 1-3 '04 If you need a flyer and info. I'll mail some to you...BILL GRIST

Comment

Bill, this pair dont have range grids (whised they had) One collector told me that the adjusting eye rings was used with gasmask?? cant see the function in that!
            I have heard about that German book, do you know what address the web-site have?
            Please mail me information about the MAX in Charlotte, Bill.

Regards

Carl

Originally posted by BILL GRIST
            Carl, They could be Kreigsmarine, I have several different pairs that have all the KM qualities but are not marked KM. I have a few pairs that have range grids in one of the occulars and each eye piece can be adjusted.. Yes I beleive that some advance collectors can determine the date of production by the serial number.. I think that a book in German language on German binos. has recently been published, and the author has a web site and a e-mail for questions this was related to me at a show a few weeks ago..Are you coming to the MAX show in Charlotte, N.C. Oct. 1-3 '04 If you need a flyer and info. I'll mail some to you...BILL GRIST

Comment

7 x 50 binoculars

Hello Carl,

A very nice binocular you have there! Congratulations

This binocular is one out a series of 1500 made. Your binocular is made in november 1941 by Carl Zeiss of Jena. One of the leading manufacturers in optics. Your binocular is for using with the gasmask. Therefore the rubber rings. At the right side the following information:
              * 7 x 50
              * serialnumber and
              * blc.
              This is correct and is original.

At the left side stays nothing. This also is correct and original.

Also the leather cap for protecting the lenses and the feather attached to them are allright and original!

This binocular was used by Heer units. I is possible that this binocular is used by the Kriegsmarine, but I doubt it. The naval eagle was used on binoculars and optics until 1943. This one was made in november 1941, so.....when made for the Kriegsmarine there had to be a Navy eagle upon it.

Ofcourse, it is possible that the Kriegsmarine used these glasses at the last year of the war. But, they where not made for the Kriegsmarine!

If you want to part of this glass one day, just let me know!! I am a collector of German bincoculars myself. Very interesting.

A great help to you would be the book of dr. Hans Seeger. This book is titled: Ferngläser und Fernrohre in Heer, Luftwaffe und Marine.

I hope I could help you with this information.

Good luck

Frans

Comment

Frans H, Many thanks for the information! The book of dr. Hans Seegerdo you know if its for sale on the internet some where? I need that book

Only need a decent leather case with the marking blc 1941

Regards

Carl

Comment

Max

Carl send me your post address and I'll mail you a few MAX flyers..You can use private message here or e-mail BILL

Comment

Hi Carl,

The book of dr. Hans Seeger is still available. I just found it on the following site: www. hegeroptik.de. The price is 92 euro. It is worth the money.

Good luck!

Frans

Comment

Frans, thanks for the tip

Regards

Carl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X