X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£4.1k Bino's?

Ouch!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2225341697

There's me thinking that the £800 these were sitting at all week was a bit strong for a scabby pair of binos and in the last day they get up to £4100!!!

Is this anywhere near the going rate?

I'm glad i don't find such things collectably appealing.

Cheers,
    David.
    Last edited by David C; 02-20-2004, 07:53 AM.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

I know that many German bino's make good money but that is crazy! The condition is not even that great. A bit of E Bay bidding frenzy I think?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thank heavens for that!

Thought I was missing something there for a minute. Thanks Ade.

Cheers,
      David.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

A few times I have accidentily tapped in £3000 instead of £30 whilst bidding at the last second perhaps that has happened here with 2 people accidentilly tapping in large ammounts ,because I cannot see the value in these bins ,Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hello David,

I agree! This is a very high price for this pair of binoculars. Especially in this condition. However this is a 8 x 60 Uboot glass. This type of binoculars are very rare and most sought after. I am also collecting German binoculars. And I must say they are not getting any cheaper!! I would love to have a 8 x 60 Uboot glass in my collection. But, for this price........it would be never I guess.

Frans

Originally posted by David C
          Ouch!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2225341697

There's me thinking that the £800 these were sitting at all week was a bit strong for a scabby pair of binos and in the last day they get up to £4100!!!

Is this anywhere near the going rate?

I'm glad i don't find such things collectably appealing.

Cheers,
          David.

Comment

8x60's

I have seen and used this pair of 8x60's , a friend of mine was the seller.
            Would love to have been able to afford them .
            Was there anything "wrong" with them . No , they were completely mint and perfect.
            Its unlikely that I will everv actually own a set and would think several times before spend that amount of money on anything , but they were so good.
            For my part I was delighted to hold and get the use of them , they just drank in the light.

Comment

I think you may have gotten these confused with another set James. The binos being discussed in this thread looked as if they had been on the ocean floor for the last 60 years, these were FAR from mint and perfect believe me.

Cheers,
              David.

Comment

Mix up.

David , yep a mix up on ,my part.
                £4,100 for a set in bad nick , what set , how bad, and why must be the questions which spring to my mind.
                If you could let me know I would be garteful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X