Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zeiss zielvier sniper scope

Hello,

I was wondering is anyone would be able to date a zeiss zielvier scope by its serial number.

It is a + marked scope (above the carl zeiss banner) with s/n 38757.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Post Pics of Scope & All Markings . Meter Dial Ser# Ect

Comment

I cannot find out how to post them...

It asks me for the image URL, any ideas how I find this out?

Comment

Hello,

I think the Serial 38757 is from 1920-30

I have a info from Zeiss.
        The Serialnumbers for Scopes from 1940-45 are
        75000-78000.

Regards
        Mike

Comment

If it has a '+' above the logo it is probably a WWII issue scope. I have seen these in the 45,000 serial number range. Is it adjustable out to 800 meters?
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

your zielvier 4x scope would be from the early 1930s.
            it looks like zeiss stoppped production of the rifle scopes in 1940 probably due to the demands of higher valued war work.the most likely time for that to happen is the fall of 1940.all the Zeiss rifles scopes under about 82,000 were made or started to be made by the end of 1940.there were some Zielvier 4x and Zielsechs 6x scopes completed in 1944.these have the triangle lubrication code marking above the Zeiss logo.however these scopes are mixed in with prewar commercial scope serials.
            the zielvier and zielsechs scopes with the + lubrication marking are commercial origin scopes that went through rebuild and converted to sniper scopes after ,i think, 1942.i think the lubrication code marking started in 1942 but it could have been 1941.
            come to think of it, i do not remember ever seeing one of the K98b/ZF39 Zielvier scopeswith 100-1000m dial with a lubrication code marking.these were the Zielvier scope purchased in the late 1920s for use on the Kar98b sniper rifles.they were put into storage in the mid 1930s then recycled to become the ZF39 Zielvier to be used on the early K98k low turret sniper rifles.

Comment

Welcome to the forum C.P. You have provided some very interesting and tough to find information.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

serial #38747 was made in 1932/33

later
                vaughn

Comment

Hello m11011963,

I would like to see this info from the zeiss company as it is way off from the collected data i have. the highest reported for me is 81,400 range but heard as high as 83,000 for a BNZ SC run in 1944. besides that i know 85,000 was post war manufactured. i would like to hear others on this serial range area. i have from zeiss the 1921-1929 serial produciton numbers which ends with serial #32640.

later
                  vaughn

Comment

What year

I have a zielsechs 6 power with a serial num 27222 ,does anyone know its year of production? thanks

Comment

henry

1928/29

1 of 591 made

Comment

Zielsechs number 59549

What year also for an Zielsechs serial number 59549?.
                        Thanks in advance

Comment

K98, I'm no expert but I would guess roughly that your's is from 1936.

Comment

[QUOTE=vaughn99;3738446]Hello m11011963,

I would like to see this info from the zeiss company as it is way off from the collected data i have. the highest reported for me is 81,400 range but heard as high as 83,000 for a BNZ SC run in 1944. besides that i know 85,000 was post war manufactured. i would like to hear others on this serial range area. i have from zeiss the 1921-1929 serial produciton numbers which ends with serial #32640.

later
                            vaughn[/QUO

I will have to agree with Vaughn as far as production times as I have one of the Zeiss Zielvier Scopes for SC Ser# 81243 and know of 4 others in same serial range and all these Scopes have triangle Cold weather and these scopes were for sure not made in the 1940 from the info I have seen these scopes were produced late 44 or there about . I too would like to see the information member C.P. Goerz has . As I know of three other Collectors who have gathered info that is relatively same on every inspection first hand and has not been as stated in earlier post. Zeiss did not stop Scope Production in 1940 of the Zeiss Zielvier .

Comment

Bringing this back up..what are the physical differences between a civilian produced scope in the 30's and one produced for the military?

Different optics, reticles etc? Or are they same, just certain blocks of numbers reserved for the military?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X