WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl zeiss opticts identification. Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl zeiss opticts identification. Help needed.

Hello could you please help me identify the model of theses carl zeiss jena optics. Searched the internet for hours with no results . Also it would be great to know if it's ww2 item or postwar. Apreciate your help

Many photos in this link

http://public.fotki.com/goldenpin/carl-zeiss/

Hello could you please help me identify the model of theses carl zeiss jena optics. Searched the internet for hours with no results . Also it would be great to know if it's ww2 item or postwar. Apreciate your help

Hi, According to Seeger's book, it is a binocular periscope (Winkelfernrohr) 10x26 dating back to WWI and not WWII !
    Cheers

Comment

Nice "Grabenpheriscope" pre-war, often used in WW2. Im not shure of the paint is original but if the optics are clear, the item is nice.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

You might want to direct us to the reference page in Seegers book where it identifies it as a 10x26 Winkelfernrohr. These appear to me to be Scherenfernrohr but I don't see any other markings like normally seen on these artillery periscopes. WW1 models usually had a marking denoting them for use for the "foot artiilery" or other usage. It definitely looks like its been refinished, which would reduce its value. I don't even see the magnification and fov markings, which is strange. The "tighten" and "loosen" markings appear to be imperial, but everything else is missing that I normally see. Is there a strichplatte grid of some sort in the right or left ocular when you look through it?

The construction almost appears to be post-ww2/eastern bloc or perhaps export to Swiss. There should be more markings on the flat circular plates directly behind the oculars.

Comment

jph above identifies this as a 10x26 Winkelfernrohre . The references are :

P80 of Steve Rohan's book Handheld Military Binoculars.
          P201 Hans Seeger's book.

Steve Rohan's book on p 104 shows a pic of a similar looking 10x25 Teleplast see same at P186 of Seeger's book .
          Last edited by Stew; 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks Stew for the references.
            Goldenpin : I quote Seeger : "Binocular periscope. Graticule on the right with division 0 8 16 24 32 40 48 56 from left to right. Grey finish. For adjustment of interocular distance there is a hinge between the objectives. After adjustment the arms can be locked by turning the wooden handle. the objectives can be closed by turning the upper knurled rings. Distance between the objective and ocular centres is 32 cm. Length of the instrument (without handle) 37 cm."
            The illustration shows the twin brother of yours with serial number 658895, around 1915.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you also think that these ones are resprayed? Also i should mention that i am not interested in binoculars so i will try to sell them. What could be the price for these binoculars and maybe someone is interested.

Originally posted by jph View Post
              Thanks Stew for the references.
              Goldenpin : I quote Seeger : "Binocular periscope. Graticule on the right with division 0 8 16 24 32 40 48 56 from left to right. Grey finish. For adjustment of interocular distance there is a hinge between the objectives. After adjustment the arms can be locked by turning the wooden handle. the objectives can be closed by turning the upper knurled rings. Distance between the objective and ocular centres is 32 cm. Length of the instrument (without handle) 37 cm."
              The illustration shows the twin brother of yours with serial number 658895, around 1915.

Comment

IMHO it is a respray. Sorry can't help on a price

Comment

Thanks for pointing me to the reference

M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X