Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope experts?? CAD codes scopes??

Hello,

Im just now getting in to scopes and know some of the basics. I picked up Senich's book and been learning a lot.

Im being offer a CAD coded scope. Its my understanding that these are pretty rare to find. What have yall seen them list and sell for?

Has anyone seen reproductions of these?

Any and all comments welcome good or bad.

Cheers C
    Attached Files

I'm not a spezialist in scopes but I dont like "cad" alone without a number !
    Have you a pics to see the complete scope ?? So we can see if it's a scope made by Kahles .

Comment

Here is a shot of the whole scope.

It has a number but I cant read it in the pics since I dont have it in hand.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris, for my 2 cents worth and based of course on the few piz provided - the condition of the scope's bluing and stamp "cad " indicate to me thats a complete refurbish has been carried out by a previous owner. It could be a reproduction too.

Comment

cad scope

I AM a kind scope expert and I advise you to buy it only as a reproduction. Original cad scopes do not have a steel sunshade.

Comment

reconsideration

Originally posted by Nigromontanus View Post
            I AM a kind scope expert and I advise you to buy it only as a reproduction. Original cad scopes do not have a steel sunshade.
            Taking a close look at the serial number which seems to be 44523 the scope should be, AUTHENTICITY OF THE SERIAL NUMBER PRESUMED, an original scope, but very heavily reworked, with a non contemporary steel sunshade.

Comment

Cad scope

Oldnewbie

You need far greater detailed pictures of scope than those to make a ruling. Detailed pics of scope serial number on range saddle, range dial markings, side on show of knurling on range dial, assembler markings on tube and ocular lens housing. Also get a clear unblurred shot of reticle against white background.

You don't say sunshade is steel but pictures make it look so, could be because re-painted looks like steel. Originals were made of heavy Zinc castings Zamak/Mazak. Even if a new sunshade made of aluminium bar stock does not have the weight of original.

As Nigromontanus says scope serial number a good one, but the 'humpers' know this.

Taking a close look at the serial number which seems to be 44523 the scope should be, AUTHENTICITY OF THE SERIAL NUMBER PRESUMED, an original scope, but very heavily reworked, with a non contemporary steel sunshade.

Comment

It could be the original sunshade, since it certainly appears to have been rebuilt/ refinished. Correct serial number range. I have much more experience with 'bek', 'bmj', and 'dow' scopes, but I do prefer to see 'cad' scopes in turret mounts.

I would pass on this if you were purchasing it for a rilfe. Honestly, like original scope cans, nice zf42 scopes are not as rare as they used to be.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                  I would pass on this if you were purchasing it for a rilfe. Honestly, like original scope cans, nice zf42 scopes are not as rare as they used to be.
                  Why are you calling this a ZF42 scope? I seem to have missed something. To me this should be called ZF39. I only know the term ZF42 for prototype ZFs on the FG42, before they switched to ZF4.

Could you write me a pm with your scopes and SN?

BRgds, Paul

Comment

Why are you calling this a ZF42 scope? I seem to have missed something. To me this should be called ZF39. I only know the term ZF42 for prototype ZFs on the FG42, before they switched to ZF4.
                    Hi Paul,

Alot of sniper collectors refer to the ZF42 as the improved scopes with the 3-digit manufacturing codes. As well as water drain holes and artic sun shield mounts on many.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

These Scopes are and have been Very Heavily Reproduced Maybe in the 100`s

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X