Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these binoculars ? Please .

Hello all .
    Just pick up this morning in a flea-market this pair of binoculars . Can you help me to know what kind of binocular it is . There is a mark K.u.K. and a M under this mark.The lens is very clear and sharp.
    I don't know if it is first or second WW.
    Thank you for your knowledges.
    Best .
    Jacques.

These binoculars are German WWI. Most likely, K. U. K. is the maker and the M stands for Navy. Nice binoculars but it looks like someone removed all the original paint and repainted them black. Too bad! Not so good for collector value.

Comment

Hello,
      IMO these binos are from the Austro-Hungarian Empire WWI
      As the markings says K.u.K. M, i think it means Kaiserliche und Königliche Marine. The Kriegsmarine from the bygone Empire...and IMO some austrian acceptance depot stamped the markings as the first K (for Imperial = Austria) is bigger than the second K (Royal = Hungary)....K.u.K. (Kriegs)Marine means Imperial and Royal navy.
      Last edited by JPhilip; 04-30-2009, 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The binos are pre- WW1, Porro 1 style with standard ocular bridge adjustment. Typical for pre- WW1 binos, the "Zeiss" type 1908 dienstglas were made with separate ocular adjustments and much more waterproof and solid in use. The value is not high.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X