Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help requested with Optic sight

Hi All,

Can anyone assist with an ID on this optic please? Its fairly small. (use the reticle illuminator mount to get an idea of scale.) The reticle is 2 verticle lines one above the other & an inverted V as per the MG sights. The small window at right appears to contain some sort of prism. That housing can be rotated & then locked into place with the smaller knob. Maybe some sort of levelling device? The sight mounts onto its intended equipment via a wedge block machined underneath.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks & regards,..Robert
    Attached Files

That is the top half (or more like top-quarter) of a standard MGz (also reffered to as MGzE or MGz34). Do a search on the forum and plenty of pictures should be available.

Comment

Thanks Bergflak.

What put me off was the wedge underneath. I have not handled a complete sight so it was hard to figure. Looking at sight pics, I still dont quite understand how the wedge goes as there appears to be a scale here...

Best,..Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bergflak.

What put me off was the wedge underneath. I have not handled a complete sight so it was hard to figure. Looking at sight pics, I still dont quite understand how the wedge goes...

BTW, if anyone has the rest laying about, feel free to PM !! thanks

Best,..Robert

Comment

I must admit that I have never seen a "half-sight" from bellow!? Can you post a picture of the bottom in an angle, so that the side and bottom of the sigth is visible?
          That swallow-tail looks strange, and shouldn't have been there from my memory.... It might be that this is an entirely other sight after all.
          Need more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
            I must admit that I have never seen a "half-sight" from bellow!? Can you post a picture of the bottom in an angle, so that the side and bottom of the sigth is visible?
            That swallow-tail looks strange, and shouldn't have been there from my memory.... It might be that this is an entirely other sight after all.
            Need more pictures!
            This is it. Upper, optical, part of MGZ34. Swallow tail connection is obscured by bearing ring, when it is all put together.

Comment

More on Optic

Thanks pzo

Looks like its been solved. Here are a few more angles anyway FYI

Best,.>Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Full bottom view. Anyone got the lower parts ??
                Attached Files

Comment

what is the function of the rotating device on the side.=?
                  It appears to be a prism and ancillary opticals. I am curious. Thanks.
                  Best Stew

Comment

Mgz

MGZ optical sight is device used for indirect fire, to distant, not visible targets. Small turret on the side allows You to quickly find firing direction. After that it is precisely adjusted, using main optics.

Comment

It reminds me of the part that goes to the Aushilfsrichtsmittel 38, indirect fire system for the Hornisse (that I've read, but never actually seen it in use on a Hornisse) and I think it went also to some of the raketenwerfer or granatenwerfer assemblies (those boxy cage-looking things) as indirect fire sights as well...difference from the MGZ is that the objective lens doesn't rotate in place....this is more of an artillery fire control system, but I think the reticle is exactly the same...

Last edited by mlespaul; 01-10-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X