Hi Guys

Is this real or reproduction?

If its not real . How can you tell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=008

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Adame,

100% fake/ repro.

Like I mentioned in the email you sent me the overall patina is the first red flag that I noticed on this item.

You will find that many collectors on this site will be reluctant to disscus the "fine" details of what makes items fake etc because the people who peddle these fakes watch these sites in hopes of getting details on how to perfect their craft.

I suggest that if these items interest you and you want to collect them you should start by doing and advanced search on this fourm to look at known examples that are fake and examples that are real.

You may also want to invest in a few books on the subject as they will help you to spot the fakes. Also get out to the trade shows and see this stuff first hand talk with local collectors etc as soon as you see a fake item like this first had or a real unit up close you will be able to spot a fake a mile away.

As to the auction you mentioned just look at the sellers past auctions most of the items he sold are fakes or repros and sold for 1/2 of their market value. This seller also has all their auctions marked as "private" this is a red flag when it comes to bidding on anything on ebay.....9 times out of 10 you will be bidding against yourself.

Like I said earlier this item is a fake/ repro that has been artificaly aged and thats all im going to say...sorry chief I know it can be frustrating but im not going to give the fakers any more ammo to perfect their craft.

Comment

Im posting the photos here before they dissapear from ebay. 8 in total

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi

That scope box is a very very worst repro. The 2 biggest gave aways are the patina as mentioned above and the web strap.

As i dont like t educate the fakers i wont say a thing about al the others details. But if you want a real scopecan for your zf4, dont buy it from ebay, all of them are fake. Please buy a book and study the well known original examples and compare them with the fake cans on ebay. You will see the difference.

Best wishes

Karel

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks guys I really appreicate the help.

Adam E

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X