Early flight goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early flight goggles

Hi. I bought these goggles as part of a "package deal." I thought I'd post them since I haven't seen goggles that match them. The only possible maker mark is an airplane symbol. Do these ring a bell with anyone?

Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

/
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the plane logo:
          Attached Files

Comment

I was told that these were used after the war by the Bulgarian air force.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes,they're German flight goggles, not particular textbook though, and I think kind of pre-war..., a early pair..
              No problems to have them in a WW2 flight collection IMO.

Jos.
              Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I owned an identical pair of goggles that I bought with a Luftwaffe flight helmet type LkpW101. (Long cord extension).

Yours is only the second example of this type of goggles that I have seen.

I no longer have the goggles but I'm searching for a possible pic on my hard drive.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, Viscount! Please post your photos if you happen to find them.

--Kevin

Comment

Hi
                    I have a pair almost identical to this style, although the elastic is black and the lenses are yellow tinted. The only marking is an 'OW' on the back of the adjustment screw plate. Could someone confirm that OW is a manufacturer and what are this type worth as I will be moving them on shortly.
                    Cheers
                    Richard

Comment

The W is for Wagner, but pics are needed to see condition and to put a price..

Jos.

Comment

Flight goggles

Ok, here are my pics. Goggles are a bit dusty. Frames seem to be zinc type metal, with brass centre screws. Clever little clip mechanism on the outside of each lens to slacken off the frame to aid lens removal. The 'OW' mark is clear under a loupe but difficu;t to pick up on camera. Black rubber is still pretty supple. Elastic is OK.
                        As before, my question is, what are they and how much ??
                        Richard
                        Attached Files

Comment

close up
                          Attached Files

Comment

They do appear to be early, possible pre-war 306's. The dual set screws on the nose bridge, the size of the eye cups are good indicators of 306's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X