Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zf41 sniper cans

Hi
    How do you tell a fake Zf41 can from a original???
    i understand they where all made by one firm Wessel and Muller Beschlagfabrik of Luckenwalde code Jvb and bear WaA542 Waffenamts so what errors are on the fake ones to tell them apart from the originals?

Hard to explain in simple words, you just have to look closely at them and have to have seen numerous originals The wear patterns on the paint, the aging, the undercoating, the inside felt, the strap on the back. The repros are really that good.........and the price is always the key that hooks collectors. The repros are always under market price. And you can't tell from just photos.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi
      thank for reply would like to know if there is some point that you can tell them apart?? have been looking at the ones on the germanmilitaria web site and the one i have is just like theres
      maybe i should post mine and grit my teeth!!

Rob

Comment

Post away Rob .

I would say that a view of the strap on the back would give a pretty good idea of whether a zf41 can (and the others) is original or not. The repros out of France that have flooded the market use new webbing, or at least they have in the past. The smell of the inside too, though they can fix that also.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi
          At last I post pictures of Zf41 can. I bought this from a friend complete with scope, it came from a well known dealer in the U.K. who offers lifetime guarantees .so I feel confident of its originality so here goes
          Of intrest is the red marble that I use to rest this item on and use as a mouse mat!. It came from Hitler’s Reich chancery in Berlin. and I am 100% shore of the authenticity of this item there is a interesting story behind me obtaining this, but back to the Zf41 can.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I see no concerns Rob. On the repro tan ones they don't have the color correct yet.

Willi
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi

thanks for that, i feel even more happy now it can go back on the shelf with pride!

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X