No announcement yet.

dow Binoculars w/ Bakelite Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ken B.; 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

6x30 dow

Its a wartime set of a German serviceglass which was refreshd, repainted. The seller of this set make this most of the time with his binos. The rainguard is original. 6x30,7x50,10x50 have the same rainguard

Comment

Hello

Is your question about the case ,the bino ,or the whole set ?
                .The bakelite case appeared around 1940/41 ,to replace the far too inadequate leather case ( they still produced leather case for bigger bino). The lense cover is indeed original and made for these bino ,you just have to unfold them the right way ,it will fit, Cover were later replaced by a bakelite version.
                When it come to dating the binoculars ,I think that you have to go by the serial #
                they are made with alu parts so ,wartime made as they also have the maker marks hidden under the 3 letter code ,DOW for " Optcotechna GmbH in Prerau" ,is the paint original ?
                Nice set by the way . I myself just got a mint set ,I can wait to get them .
                hope this will help a bit
                Regards
                Pierre-Yves

Comment

This set is now for sale on Ebay Germany. Seller is Lomax-Militaria. See this link: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=160012627423 You can also search on Fernglas.

I wonder if this is right or are the pictures taken of this site? It are all the same photos.

Greetings,

Frans

Comment

Set 6x30

I must admit the benutzer would be of more interst to me than the set would.
                    I picked up a set like this in Prague last year for about £15 - no case or benutzer but ingood order.
                    They had been repainted - finish is very similar to the set shown.
                    I don't go for repainted sets in a big way , would far rather see them in the flesh.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X