binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

binoculars

These came with a lot of American material I picked up at an estate auction. The man was in a tank unit that landed a little after D-day and continued on through some months on occupation duty. I have a letter that allowed the soldier to ship back captured material. On the list is a pair of binoculars. I know nothing about German material. The case seems to be of a hard plastic material. The only problem I see is that the pin holding the hinge together is missing. Any help on value would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jerry.
    Attached Files

view 2

Attached Files

Comment

view 3

Attached Files

Comment

View 4

Attached Files

Comment

View 5

Attached Files

Comment

view 6

#6 inside bottom of case
            Attached Files

Comment

value 6x30

bino ~ 150 to 200
              case ~ 200 to 300

Comment

The shoulder strap to the "bakelite" bino case is not original issue. Although I do fancy how it was retro fitted. It may well be a strap of some other WWII German origin. It's VERY hard to find a complete case. The original shoulder straps always seem to have worn out. I have a black bakelite case without the strap and need to be creative on how to add a shoulder strap.

Overall I like it.

Here's one of mine with an original strap.
                Last edited by Ken B.; 03-02-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Shoulder Straps

Hi Ken, after 1943 the soldiers got the cases without the shouderstraps. Only on special order they got the strap. I have enough on this straps but the problem is that everybody want the strap but nobody want pay a good money. I was asked by ~ 5 to 7 collectores for a strap as I asked how much they want pay for it the told me ~2o EUR.
                  Onetime I sold a strap by ebay, well there I got more mony as I tought.

Comment

Question

Benutzer,
                    Could you tell me where you find info about the strap please ? I will be very happy to find the reference of a period official text about this !

Thank you very much

Amitiés de Laurent

Comment

Value.

It seems a high price for the case benutzer.
                      These wee CAG's seem to go for mad money considering that they are a very standard mass produced biocular.
                      Having said that who can deny that they have character,the button flap is a nice extra and adds to the set.
                      Nice set.

Comment

long strap

Originally posted by Laurent
                        Benutzer,
                        Could you tell me where you find info about the strap please ? I will be very happy to find the reference of a period official text about this !

Thank you very much

Amitiés de Laurent
                        In the O.K.H (Ch H Rüst u. BdE) 02.09.42
                        ... in the future only 50% of the cases will be fitted with the long leatherstrap, reserve troops get the case without the strap.

Comment

Originally posted by behblc
                          It seems a high price for the case benutzer.
                          These wee CAG's seem to go for mad money considering that they are a very standard mass produced biocular.
                          Having said that who can deny that they have character,the button flap is a nice extra and adds to the set.
                          Nice set.
                          I didnt mean British Pounds , well maybe the value is a little to high, my mistake

Comment

Merci Beaucoup

A great a very big THANK YOU to you Benutzer...

I am also looking for informations about the (theorical) model of binocular 6x30 or 8x50 used by soldier NCO or officer when there were in an Infantry Cavalry, Artillery, Armoured .......unit. There is nothing about this in the K.St.N. and I am sure that there is something about that somewhere.. There is a AHM I have that I never totally traduce with some line but any reference to know more about this interesting point (for me!)

One more time thank you very much for your reply

Amitiés de Laurent

Comment

binos

army and airforce

6x30, 8x30, 7x50, 7x56, 10x50

6x30 .... soldiers by infantrie
                              7x50 and 10x50 artillery, infantrie commanders not next to the frontline
                              7x56 and 10x50 Dyalit modell by tank and parajumper
                              8x30 special unites snipers
                              but I'm sure that at the middle of the war soldiers take the bino what he have and what he get. I have pics of soldiers in Russia which have a dyalit bino etc etc etc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X