Rangefinder questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder questions

Gents, I have an opportunity to buy a German WWII rangefinder......It is complete with calibration table, canvas carrying cases, but is lacking the tripod w/pouch......Also one of the leather end pads needs repair/replacement......I can have it for around $450.....The make is Busch and is not Zeiss......I believe Zeiss are more desirable......My questions are: Is that a fair price and will a tripod be impossible to locate?.....Also whether/not the end leather pad could be replaced?.....Are they obtainable?.....Any help/comment greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance.....Bodes

Any/All comments welcome.....Not sure how rare rangefinders are or how desirable?......I just always thought they looked rather unique.....Bodes

Comment

Hello Bodes!
      If it is an EM34 example it is a good price (assuming it's condition is ok), i picked up a complete set at Beltring (UK) a year ago for £450 and mine is a Busch manufactured item, not sure if the manufacturer makes much of a difference. I have seen tripods for sale on German ebay come up up every so often at around the £50-£75 mark so they are obtainable. There is a bloke on Ebay.com who goes by the user ID of Bergflak and he is based in Norway, i have dealt with him on many occasions and his items for sale are unquestionably authentic, i believe he uses the same ID on this forum, maybe worth dropping him an email. Alot of these rangefinders seem to be coming out of Norway and Finland where WH equipment was still being used up until recently, hope i have been of some use.
      Cheers,
      Mark.

Comment

Mark, You've been very helpful......My comment on the maker is only an observation.....In my experiences, Zeiss optics draw the biggest dollar.....I believe it's because of their reputation.....Many believe they are the finest quality lenses used during the war......It's the same over here with M1 Garands.....Winchester made ones generally obtain a greater price.....It because many collectors like the Winchester brand.....And I will try to contact Berflak to get some feedback or peruse German eBay.....Thanks again and Happy Hunting...Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X