Tripod (Gestell) for Scherenfernrohr S.F.14.Z.Gi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod (Gestell) for Scherenfernrohr S.F.14.Z.Gi

Someone having information about this tripod for Scherenfernrohr S.F.14.Z.Gi. The only marking visible is C.Z.16, nr 223524 and a plus sign (blue color). No manufacturer code or WaffenAmt nr can be seen. It has been used by the Norwegian army (green color), but the original color seems to be gray.
    I should like to know the type (Gestell 31 ?), manufacturer (Carl Zeiss ?), what “16” stands for (1916?), approximately production year and any other information you should know about it.
    Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi Steinar-Norway,
    the two main variants of German WW2 Gestell for optical equipment eg Scherenfernrohr and Richtkreis was the Gestell 31 and Gestell 40.
    I have seen one or two variants of WW2 Gestell like yours over the years but I do not know anything more about them. Perhaps our Forum members can assist here?
    I attach a few photos of my Gestell. You will note that its much like yours . Mine is made by Hensoldt,Wetzlar and has a blue cross lubrication code - hellblaues Kreuz.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stew - may thanks for your feedback.
      I've searched a lot on internett too and found only one that looks like mine - https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...iss-1936871883
      The "+" mark (hellblaues Kreuz/light blue cross) perhaps comes from an upgrade/repairing, but the production year is much earlier since the "Military letter code" and WaA are missing - maybe the "16" mark represent the production year ?
      Steinar

Comment

Hi,
        it is the early Version of the "Gestell" used for SF 14. You can find pictures in the "H.Dv. 448/1 Version from 1936. It was used in the Reichswehr and - here I am not quite sure - earlier in the imperial army too.
        Hope this helps
        Best regards

Friedrich
        Gestell Reichswehr_1.JPG
        Gestell Reichswehr_2.JPG

Comment

Thanks Friedrich – can I ask you a few more questions.
          I assume at that time the names Gestell 31/39/40 was not used yet - just Gestell for SF14 Z?

What stands Gestell 31/39/40 – is it the design year ?
          Do you have any idea what the logo “C.Z.16” on my Gestell stands for ?
          Is it a direct link to “H.Dv. 448/1 Version from 1936” ?

Steinar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X