BNZA on larger surface ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNZA on larger surface ships

I am looking for pictures of the BNZA 1 (Brücke Nacht Ziel Apparat, the torpedo director located at the command station) and BNZA 2 installed on larger german surface ships in the period 1927-1945. I have only found one picture of these instruments (on the ship Prinz Eugen, I think) so far. Can anyone help?

I quickly looked and there might be one picture you are looking for.

http://www.tvre.org/en/development-o...e-kriegsmarine

Comment

Many thanks for the information! And yes, I was looking for such a picture. Very interesting website which has a lot of information regarding the BNZA. Other pictures of the BNZA on larger german surface ships would be very nice! I get the impression that such pictures are quite rare?

Comment

The BNZA 8X60 is a nice one . :-) Here is an udf 7x50 on top of a Tuza2a and a BNZA 8X60 on top of a Tuza2a
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and many thanks for posting the picture!

Comment

One more Photo
            Attached Files

Comment

An excellent link , really great information via the link. Also see Peter DeLaets chapter in Hans Seeger 's "Green Book" which gives a very detailed account of surface torpedo firing and the method of working out a firing solution.

Comment

Again many thanks for posting the picture. It seems that I have to buy Hans Seeger's book! Very interesting topic indeed!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X