date binoculars Hensoldt Wetzlar sport-dialyt 6x30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

date binoculars Hensoldt Wetzlar sport-dialyt 6x30

Hello, Could you date this pair of Hensoldt Wetzlar sport-dialyt 6x30 binoculars? the serial number is 42084. It is marked "made in germany". Could it have been carried by a German officer during WW2?
    See photos.
    Thank you in advance!
    Sincerely,
    K.

Made late 1945 - 1947 for occupying Allied forces. Not WW2 German.

Comment

I can not comment your binos like some might do but here is a interesting pic for you I think. Bino picture.jpg

Comment

Looks like a different model, to my old eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Lauritz View Post
          Looks like a different model, to my old eyes...
          Not a 6x30. Probably a 7x56 or 10x50. What’s most interesting is that the bino looks like it may be a center focus model in which case it would have been a non-issued private purchase glass. If so, could be an 8x56 too.

Comment

Hello,
            searching on the net i have found a italian forum about binoculars where it's indicate that hensoldt sport-dialyt 6 x 30 dated from 1936 to 1943...
            What do you think about this information?
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by korsika View Post
              Hello,
              searching on the net i have found a italian forum about binoculars where it's indicate that hensoldt sport-dialyt 6 x 30 dated from 1936 to 1943...
              What do you think about this information?
              Thanks!
              It’s correct. But the serial number is that of early post-war production, and production of binoculars as well as cameras and all sorts of other things in Germany during the early post-war period was not done exactly according to Hoyle. During the war manufacturers began stockpiling items particularly when it became evident that Germany was not going to win the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X