Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New layout here on Wehrmacht Award.

I did manage to log in, by accident.

This is not the first makeover of a homepage I have witnessed. It may even be neccessary.
    Outdated software without support is one good reason. Increasing income is another.

But as a user, I need to see a purpose with my own visits.

What I see now, after the makeover, makes me want to say thank you to all those I have been writing with here.
    Over the years, it has been fun and educating.

I may still come here, but if not, I hope you all will have fun out there. And maybe even here.

Mikedenmark.

Geez, what a temper tantrum. Things are being modified and improved, literally as I write this.
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

I'm not sure I'd descibe an observation as a temper tantrum but I found it a bit awkward too. Maybe it's just our natural dislike of change. One thing I did notice - when logging in on my laptop on the old system, I always had to do it twice as the first time came up error. This new fangled version gets me straight in.

PS don't give up too soon Mikedenmark - who will I butt heads with?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
        I'm not sure I'd descibe an observation as a temper tantrum but I found it a bit awkward too. Maybe it's just our natural dislike of change. One thing I did notice - when logging in on my laptop on the old system, I always had to do it twice as the first time came up error. This new fangled version gets me straight in.

PS don't give up too soon Mikedenmark - who will I butt heads with?

I will be honest, initially I was shocked and reluctant. Now, it is a different story for me. Aesthetically, it started rough, but tweaks are being made as we speak. Things have gotten a lot better now and undoubtedly will get better. Heck, increasing the font size and removing the obscene Facebook and Twitter icons are huge leaps in the right direction. With patience, the appearance will be fine tuned and it will look GREAT.

I have geen playing around with the features and I can honestly say the this platform is AWESOME. It will enable us to post some really nice threads.

Take the new platform’s ability to embed pictures in our message and add text to seamlessly integrate it in one elegant post. So, imagine I am presenting a post about XYZ and now I want to illustrate a point with a picture:

8655BCE6-0177-4CB0-86C1-DCFA9B52FE0F.jpeg

Not only can I now transition to a different point and post additional pictures, but I can upload all the pictures I want to post all at once, without having toupload each one individually:

903F610C-A820-4CBA-8088-97814AA2C764.jpeg

And not only that, but I can also select the SIZE of the picture that I want posted:

44549A88-F4B7-4B83-8E41-99E0138D49CF.jpeg

All this, without having to resize it like we used to have to do under the old platform:

Or like this:

This new platform is AWESOME. Play around with it and have some patience. It is head and shoulders better than the old one. This is a huge leap forward!

When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Is it just me, but have some threads and posts, vanished?

Comment

Cant say I like it a bit old for change seems to have canceled my subs didn't think I was due yet.
            Mark

Comment

I too found the new format a little awkward the previous format was a "comfortable slipper", it is like the shopping aisles being changed at the local supermarket, willing to give it a go only a matter of getting used to it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X