ZF4 Eyecup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZF4 Eyecup Question

Forum members, I have a question concerning storing ZF4 scopes/mounts with the rubber eyecups in place....Does it harm the finish on the scope having them there for any great length of time?...Is it better leaving them off and only using them when displaying with the lens covers?....I don't believe mine are original eyecups, so not worried about damaging them....I also realize original (eyecups) that have hardened and are set in place on scopes are better left alone, as they may get ruined trying to remove....Curious as to what people's thoughts are.....Bodes

Btw....Also interested in any online information concerning how to distinguish the difference between original and reproduction ZF4 eyecups.....

Truth be told, the original stuff I have seen are pretty knackered. As in they have lost the vast majority of any flexibility. And/ or almost look like they have melted in some cases.

Perhaps due to the synthetic nature of their products.

Ive not seen one actually cause damage to the scope however. But then I may just not have "seen" one like that.

Totally negative expreience of leather lense caps on the other hand, I never leave those on a scope.

Feed them up and display them next to the scope.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
      Truth be told, the original stuff I have seen are pretty knackered. As in they have lost the vast majority of any flexibility. And/ or almost look like they have melted in some cases.

Perhaps due to the synthetic nature of their products.

Ive not seen one actually cause damage to the scope however. But then I may just not have "seen" one like that.

Totally negative expreience of leather lense caps on the other hand, I never leave those on a scope.

Feed them up and display them next to the scope.

Regards
      Thanks for the reply....I'm thinking one I have may be an original....It has an odor similar to that of German gas masks.....I'd say it's in pretty good condition....As for the leather lens caps, I can see them being a potential problem.....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X