Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAKE KG13 on eBay (Avia S-199) - BEWARE

Hey guys...

though this is made of German parts...it is for an Avia S-199.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263797789253

The column is original, as it the actual basic grip...however...

1) The Mk108 button was added by the seller (I know this because the button I sold on ebay last year)

2) The 2-prong plug and helmet plug are 100% Avia S-199. This is how they wired them up, as I have owned a couple

3) The data plate is REPRO. On all Avia S-199 grips, they removed the German data plate. As people started to collect them, the Czechs made a cheap copy of this plate (silk screened as opposed to acid etch), and started to re-attach them to S-199 grips.

if it was 100% original, the asking price would be about right...but as a Frankenstein KG13, not even close.

Seller says he is in Germany...but he is Czech. Look at his negative feedback...seems to sell other fake items as well.

I save the pictures in this thread for future reference

Andy
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
                          Hey guys...

though this is made of German parts...it is for an Avia S-199.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263797789253

The column is original, as it the actual basic grip...however...

1) The Mk108 button was added by the seller (I know this because the button I sold on ebay last year)

2) The 2-prong plug and helmet plug are 100% Avia S-199. This is how they wired them up, as I have owned a couple

3) The data plate is REPRO. On all Avia S-199 grips, they removed the German data plate. As people started to collect them, the Czechs made a cheap copy of this plate (silk screened as opposed to acid etch), and started to re-attach them to S-199 grips.

if it was 100% original, the asking price would be about right...but as a Frankenstein KG13, not even close.

Seller says he is in Germany...but he is Czech. Look at his negative feedback...seems to sell other fake items as well.
                          Mike - appreciate the heads up! Lots of ways to lose money quickly on relics nowadays if one does not take the time to research and use a forum for feedback before the purchase

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                            Mike - appreciate the heads up! Lots of ways to lose money quickly on relics nowadays if one does not take the time to research and use a forum for feedback before the purchase
                            You have to beware and be on WAF to get the know who about things

Andy

Comment

Hi Harrison,

I recently saw a KG13 on ebay, but it felt fishy. The auction was active only for 24 hours and it was already sold.
                              Safety catch looks weird to me. There is a huge space between it and the upper button.

What do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steuerknupp...rdt=true&rt=nc

Regards,
                              Arnold

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X