Luftwaffe Shoulder straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Shoulder straps

A short while back Jos posted a nice pair of tropical Luftwaffe shoulder straps. I thought it might be good to do a thread showing interesting straps from all branches of service. Here is a set of Luft. Stabsfeldwebel straps. They are mismatched but were worn together. At least in Luftwaffe, this rank is fairly hard to find. Note how one strap has tresse across the straight end normally attributed to Heer.

Best,
    John
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

LW Tropical

Several sets of tropical straps- two sets for shirt, one for tunic.

Comment

Nice looking Flak Oberfeldwebel boards, Dirk. If you decide to part with 'em, look no further than me!
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks Dirk,

Great examples.

Here is another unusual wool pair. They are from a very worn splinter field division jacket. Note that all the tresse is the Heer pattern.

Regards,
        John
        Attached Files
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi, here is a single shoulder strap for the "Hermann Goring Regt." I was really pleased to buy this, as the dealer did not realise the significance of the white waffenfarbe! Ok, it was 20 years ago but I still love a bargain!
          Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Rear veiw.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a set of blue denim NCO tropicals.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jack and Adrian,

Thanks to you both for scarce examples. Adrian, I hope you find it's mate someday!

Regards,
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Okay, you guys want wierd Luftwaffe? Here's one for ya. Luftwaffe Kriegsschule device on a Heer officer board. Not a put-together later by an idiot either. The device has been on the board forever - and it came from Angolia's collection. I think I have the explanation, but I'd love to hear other opinions.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 08-31-2002, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting this cool strap. Who says it's Heer?
                    Regards,
                    John
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I'd like to read other opinions on Dave's Oberstleut. shoulderboard. Any?

Here is a slightly mis-matched, and well worn Unteroffizier/Oberjaeger tropical flight pair.

Best,
                      John
                      Attached Files
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I'd like to hear more myself. I have no idea on that strap.

Comment

Looks Heer to me
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Guys, I can't explain Dave's shoulder board either.

Here is another strap from my collection. A sew -in shoulder strap for Flak Regt. 6. I have not seen many of these Luftwaffe numbers straps.
                            Cheers, Ade.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Okay - here are my thoughts on the 'KS' army board. I believe it is Heer because it uses the subdued Russia braid, and, of course, the white waffenfarbe. (And also because that's how Angolia had it classified.) Anyway, later in the war a number of LW units were used in ground combat. I have seen reference over the years of officers from one service being detailed to another service to provide training. Given all that, it is my opinion that this infantry LTC was teaching at the LW War Academy.

I would love to hear what all of you think.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X