Luftwaffe Cuff Title,Orig/Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Cuff Title,Orig/Fake?

Could I get some feed back on this cuff title please? Not really familiar with this type/unit cuff title. Thanks in advance. DL
    Attached Files

Luft

Attached Files

Comment

Luft

Attached Files

Comment

Luft

No ideas any one?

Comment

Cufftitle for Luftwaffe war correspondent. The spacing of the words is correct, but the embroidery is all messed up. Could be an original where the programming cards for the machine were damaged.

Comment

Luft

Thanks Leroy. The one and only one, I found on the Luftwaffe forum, looked like the 'conventional made' cuff titles. Your right about the lettering though, it is a bit 'messy'. Again Thank you Leroy. DL.

Comment

Looks like an original "factory second" that was kept instead of thrown away
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Luft

Thanks Gene and Leroy. If I get it, I will show better pictures. Thanks again all. DL.

Comment

I would recommend saving your money and buying a textbook one that requires no alibis.

Purely my opinion here, but the base cloth doesn't even look close to an original and the embroidery lacks the refinement of known accepted/original examples. It may be the pics, but it also doesn't appear to have the two-tone stitching on the reverse which results from a flax colored bobbin thread contrasting with the silver-grey front thread.

I don't believe this is a "factory second" or result of a worn out template. I think it's one of the many poor attempts at a repro Luft cufftitle.

vr

Bob

Comment

Luft

Thanks Waffenreich,
                    I found a cuff title, same construction I believe, difficult photo. Lettering looks the same. Pulled from the German Daggers site. Here is the site, they claim all cuff titles are authentic posted. www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/AD.php just wanted to share this hope they don't mind. Like I posted earlier will post better photos in the future, thanks again. DL
                    Attached Files

Comment

totally different construction than the first one, the second one looks like a good one but the first one posted is rubbish

Comment

They're the same, base cloth and embroidery. Look at the way the right vertical upstroke looks crunched to the left in the "w" of "Luftwaffe".

I'll be polite, I think they're both rubbish.

Just my opinion of course

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
                        totally different construction than the first one, the second one looks like a good one but the first one posted is rubbish

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X