Luft Flak officers uniform jacket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Flak officers uniform jacket.

I'm interested in this jacket, but would welcome opinions from others on whether the eagle and award loops are originally applied, and if so, what might have originally gone in the loops? flak badge, Iron Cross 1st Class with spange above, and a wound badge?.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=769292

Thanks,

Matt.

Originally posted by M.Rimmer View Post
    I'm interested in this jacket, but would welcome opinions from others on whether the eagle and award loops are originally applied, and if so, what might have originally gone in the loops? flak badge, Iron Cross 1st Class with spange above, and a wound badge?.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=769292

Thanks,

Matt.
    Eagle appears to be resewn (stitching does not look either neat or professional).

The award loops appear to have been added to (different coloured thread used in places) and, again, are not neat or professional looking.

In my opinion, this tunic has been 'enhanced'. Are there any images available of how the collar tabs are sewn?

N

Comment

Hi Matt,

The eagle has definitely been removed from a tunic (either this or another) and resewn here. The loops are crude. While they could have been period done by somebody who didn't have much skill, to me they were added post-war. There's not much indication that things were worn there for any period of time.

J-

Comment

Loops are fine IMO and even with the replaced eagle - it's a pretty good deal at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
          Loops are fine IMO and even with the replaced eagle - it's a pretty good deal at that price.

I agree, but it needs a very large medalbar - at least 7 or maybe 8.

And the arrangement on the middel of the left pocket..?..I cannot fully understand it..?

Comment

Mike,

I think it would probably display better with a ribbon bar. Depending on the size and style of the bar, it could be a shorter bar with larger style ribbons. Some three and four bars can be as long as a more common 7-er.

As far as the award loops, who knows. The two on the sides could be for anything. The row down the middle appears to be confusing, as if they are too close together for multiple badges. I’d just put whatever your preference is and go from there.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X