Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-stand leather jacket for sale

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=768394

Oberleutnant Officer LW Leather Flight Jacket W/ Collar Insignia Shoulder Boards

its only fair we review this one as for $3000 any buyer will need to be able to sleep easy at night.
    for the seller is their any provdence with it?
    Last edited by pablo10; 11-05-2014, 05:59 PM.

ok this what I see,
    the jacket stands a good chance of being original as their are good signs of wear in the correct places that we like to see in these type of jackets but the collar tabs have been added, the shoulder straps are also new as is the buttons holding them and do not at all seem to match the jacket for wear.
    it is possible the buttons were added late but with out seeing the stitching on the buttons or the loop holding the straps on = I cant tell, it seems the straps are stitched on instead of a small leather loop that is seen on a lot of these.
    the loops seem fine and their is signs of indignations from medal wear.
    for me over all jacket seems fine, medal loops seem fine but the rest has been added being the collar tabs and the shoulder boards both are not original to this jacket and who knows if their were shoulder boards their originally.

Comment

IMO the chance of this being used by the LW, is pretty much down to one thing - whether the eagle loops where added before 1945 or not. So one has to evaluate how much one is willing to bet on that chance.

Comment

Worn jacket with kinda un-worn tabs and boards and a fake Assmann Summer eagle .., no match ..
        Too many red flags, would be not for me ..

Jos.
        Last edited by Jos L C; 11-07-2014, 03:07 AM.

Comment

hmmmmmmm as with so many items that don't get a vote of confidence off to flea bay it goes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-OBERLEU...item5b07e3ee27

Comment

Typical period "Kletterveste" style leather jacket of civilian origin as used also by the Hitler Youth, mostly in wool.
            These were occasionally used by pilots as period photos show...(see attached)
            Was this one badged up or untouched is anybody's guess...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 11-15-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X