Correct placement of Trade Badges and Rank on LW uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct placement of Trade Badges and Rank on LW uniforms

I spent a few hours combing through the WAF and could not find details on the proper placement of rank insignia and trade badges on LW wool uniforms. Can someone who has a LF fibel provide the proper placement details so that I can begin my fliegerjacke restoration. I have an OG rank insignia and the Flak trade badge to sew on. Here are the two badges:

Thanks
    Attached Files

The trade badge should be positioned 1cm above the up-turned cuff of tunics, and in a corresponding position on the flyer's blouses and tropical tunics.

cheers
    Peter

Comment

Peter,
      For the fliegerjacke would I simply turn the cuff up around the sleeve right where the stitch line is and then place the badge 1cm above that as shown in the image?
      Attached Files

Comment

I referred to the regulations in Angolia's book, but I assume it would be the same distance as on the tunic. Contemporay images of flyer blouses show a great variety in the actual distance, but only 6cm sounds too low IMO.

cheers
        Peter

Comment

The image I show is with the cuff rolled up which is another few centimeters. When I roll the cuff back down it is 9.5cm from the bottom. Judging from the other original uniforms in the "Post your Flak Uniforms" thread, this looks right. Thanks for reading and posting.
          Attached Files

Comment

As for the sewing, I realize many of these type patches were man times hand sewn on, especially rank which many times was awarded in the field. I cannot imagine there was a regulation which directed the method of sewing the patches other than to specify the thread color!!

Any opinions or other comments about this before I begin with the badge and rank using original LW blue-grey thread?
            Attached Files

Comment

Peter,
              Is there a specification for the placement in Angolias book for the Rank Cheveron? I have mine at 17cm.

Comment

Just wanting to confirm the correct placement of the rank chevron.

Comment

Anyone know the chevron placement on LW uniforms?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X