Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice vet bring back - from the W&P show .
    Attached Files

Comment

These are all nice birds

Comment

I thought I would post a few of my favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two perfect examples, Dave. The first is a very interesting private purchase one... I had seen it on the tunic you show us on the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
              Two perfect examples, Dave. The first is a very interesting private purchase one... I had seen it on the tunic you show us on the other thread.
              Hello Renaud,

Thank you for the kind words! I really like the early droop-tail too, I have been looking for a tunic that had the pre-war type on it for a while. So I am very happy with it!

Dave C

Comment

My eagle on a Taylor made Fliegerbluse
                Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful bird Francisco

Comment

Hi everyone, some really superb examples on this thread. Could I please have your thoughts on this recent eagle I picked up?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Lj90; 10-13-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Nice LW tropical shirt eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                        Nice LW tropical shirt eagle
                        Thank you. Do you know why this is folded into a triangle as apposed to the cloth being cut around the shape of the eagle? I was thinking it could be due to where they were attached to the uniform i.e. sleeve, breast pocket, hat etc.
                        I'm new to cloth insignias like this so thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lj90 View Post
                          Thank you. Do you know why this is folded into a triangle as apposed to the cloth being cut around the shape of the eagle? I was thinking it could be due to where they were attached to the uniform i.e. sleeve, breast pocket, hat etc.
                          I'm new to cloth insignias like this so thanks for your help.
                          They used those triangular shaped tropical insignia on the tropical shirts as a breast eagles while the tunic breast eagles were cut around the shape of the eagle.But you can see also triangular shaped breast eagles on the tunics sometimes,period photos showing them on the tunics do exist...

Comment

It is folded because of the nature of the cloth ; if it was not, the edge would not remain neat. Look at the edge of the folded part on the reverse of your eagle... For the same reason they couldn't simply cut the insignia following the shape of the eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                              A nice vet bring back - from the W&P show .
                              Very odd eagle Steve, never seen one like that before.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
                                Several types of eagles of Be-Wo

Unfortunately all 3 are fakes ..

Jos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X