This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re mark,s eagle

Hello Mark indeed a very strange variant ???
    Very though call because you can,t see the back ,because it is stitched on a piece of cloth

Does it have on the left wing 6 stitche,s of2 white threads ,and on the right wing 4 stitche,s of 2 white thread,s maybe you can post a close-up from this bird
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Hi John, you seem to be everywhere here on the Forum !<O</O
      To answer your question, yes, the eagle has the correct number of stitches on both wings but again, these stitches are unusual. <O</O
      I'd like to post a close-up but it appears that (like some other members) I have problems to post pictures these last days.
      Mark

Comment

Here's a close-up (at least I hope it will show up !).

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Langemark
          Hi John, you seem to be everywhere here on the Forum !<O</O
          To answer your question, yes, the eagle has the correct number of stitches on both wings but again, these stitches are unusual. <O</O
          I'd like to post a close-up but it appears that (like some other members) I have problems to post pictures these last days.
          Mark
          Yes Mark looking at everything on the forum
          but try to specialize in the eagle,s And believe me Lw-eagle,s are one of the hardest to tell

But comparing and looking to other bird,s in this thread I would say your,s is IMO
          a good one
          But maybe there are some opions of John , Willi ,Jos or someone else

Comment

Hi Johnny and Mark,

This eagle is sewn properly, but it has several features that bother me; the neck, the large eye, the very curved tail, and more.... However, I am not prepared to say it is bad, but I don't like it. Having said that, there are many strange breast eagles that are good, and this one could well be good too. More info in needed from anyone familiar with this style bird.

Hope you are doing well Johnny, I've been super busy.
            Regards,
            John
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

re

Thank,s john
              For the reply on this one
              Just as a stated to Mark these LW-eagle,s are IMO the hardest one,s to tell
              And you can,t see the back of this bird ,so this one is twice as hard to tell

Yes john I,m okeey
              I hope with you also
              johnny

Comment

Here are two nice tropical birds from the same source, reputedly a vet.

First a tropical breast eagle still attached to part of the tropical 4 pocket jacket:
                Attached Files

Comment

rear: Note part of the jacket lining is visible
                  Attached Files

Comment

Second a tropical cap eagle removed from a side-cap:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Handsome bird!

Very nice Steve. Note how tight the zig zag stitching is. This tight stitching is not as common on tropical tunics as it is on early jump smocks; leads me to believe this was cut from an early tropical tunic.
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Rear: Note the folding and the trimming above the wings.

Steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like the cap bird too; very fine additions! When you tire of all the tropical stuff send me an email
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                            Here is the back, the partial curve lining, with the corresponding curved stitch through the eagles wing on the front, defines it as cut from a blouse. There is another "obvious blouse" feature, anyone? Other than Willi
                            Is it the button loop for the right inner pocket which sometimes gets included?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Front.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Another from a blouse.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X